AT Launcher for BR IV on US, SV, JP

The caliber of the projectile of Type 5 is 80mm, so it has higher caliber than the Type4.

Looks like you’re right, Enlisted says it has 80mm

I looked it up though and it says 45 mm which is why I’m confused.
Either way, M9A1 Bazooka fires 60mm caliber

As I recall, the technology we received from Germany was the HEAT technology themselves.
That’s how the Tier 2 sticks were made.

The tube is 45mm, but the projectile is bigger than the tube.

Caliber is not the only stuff that determine the penetration.

Yes, just as that T59 rocket had 210mm penetration, as was the US military’s record.
The T59 rocket was available on the M1, M9, and M9A1.

Poor research for SV and JP. They have a variant of the Type 4 rocket withbmore penetratikn and the Aoviets had many AT prototyoes

Can you quote where in the document it says that? I couldn’t find it. All I read was that they fixed the rockets by modifying it’s shape and that the military still needed something like the M20, but more portable

well they fucked up whole bazooka tree.

1. m1 bazooka with m6/m6a1 rocket should have ~80mm penetration, not 60mm (they probably put caliber into penetration…)
  2. m9 bazooka with m6a3 rocket should probably have 120mm penetration (various sources claim anywhere from 100-120mm), but i think it is most probably 120mm cause it is very similar to m6a5
  3. m9 bazooka with m6a5 has ~127mm penetration from official documents

True, but the muzzle velocity is still off.

From what I read, M1 Bazooka also has ~60mm warhead, but in Enlisted it says 30mm?

yeah lots of wrong info there. iirc it was reported numerous time to fix it, but nobody seems to care…

I was also reading up about a 90mm Type 4

It only has 120mm of penetration so br3 at best.

It says it is similar to the penetration of the M6A3.
In fact, if it’s that penetration, it’s a really poor penetration.

1 Like

Imo the last AT launcher for every nation should be normalized, meaning, they should have around the same penetration stat. For balance

panzerfaust and ofenrohr can absolutley take out tanks up to 200 meters without much effort, just a couple attempts should make you hit eventually.

500m sounds kinda crazy though…

ffs finally a document with m6a3 penetration… idk how long i searched for it and someone posts it randomly… you would have thought that they would include penetration in technical manual, but you have every other information except penetration.

Nice take! For Japan we can go with this. But more research is needed.
‘Type 97 20mm with Ji-Te Dan 200mm(estimated) rifle grenade (theoretically able to pierce an estimated 250mm of Armor)’
Screenshot_20240826-031308
Source: Japan Small Arms Balancing Discussion Thread - #66 by Killerwolf1024

3 Likes

If that’s true, it seems best to add it.
But how is it possible to have that penetration in that form?

1 Like

Yeah. Must be a really powerful rifle grenade. Lol. :sweat_smile: