AT gun replacement at BR 4/5

In my personal experience, anti tank gun emplacements can drop off really hard when facing things at high BR, with things like Panthers, Tigers, Jumbos, KVs, IS series tanks (I assume? I get killed alot when inside them, but also survive the long 88 way to much), and the ho ri (haven’t actually played against it so I’m not sure) all have a nice time sitting at a distance being invincible. (grey zone camping mention)

I say there needs to be an upgrade, similar to how paratroopers have their loadouts upgraded at high BR

British/USA

Ordnance QF 17-pounder
Seems obvious, being a bigger version of what we already have, and the cannon that is currently used to kill things like tigers in game (???)

USSR
BS-3-batey-haosef-1
100 mm field gun model 1944 (BS-3)
Don’t know if this would be super nutty or not, obviously haven’t used the T-34-100 yet, but this would be equivalent to that, which i think would be pretty cool

Germany
Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-698-0038-07,_Russland,_8,8cm_Pak
8.8 cm Pak 43
Its a long 88, its just obvious

Japan
IDK, I cant lie and say i know anything about japanese artillery/field guns, but these two look cool, and kinda fit the theme of the other guns?

Type 96 15 cm howitzer
150 mm eh? pretty cool, and i imagine that could do something substantial if its not only HE
Type_92_105mm_field_gun
Type 92 10 cm cannon
or like, 105? not sure if this cannon is the same one, or similar atleast to the ho ri cannon, but it would fit with the rest being pretty much just the cannons of the best tanks of each nation

downside of these cannons is that they are BIG, logistically they didnt move much, WHICH leads me to the thing.
I say you could give the option to place the smaller guns down that you can move around and build in tighter places, AS WELL as the bigger ones, that maybe you cant move around? perhaps you can turn them around at a slower pace?
OR
Just have the bigger ones that you can move around normally and have the same mobility as the current AT guns, which would serve the purpose of combating grey zoning better perhaps.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS??? :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

4 Likes

I agree! There needs to be an improved AT gun a higher BRs.

1 Like

well did that suggestion with basically same guns ~2 months ago

just made one mistake, put link to 57mm 6pdr instead of 75mm 17pdr.

1 Like

I think that we need an overall Engineer structure revamp. My idea is that we can cycle through different types of fortifications for each structure. For example, select the sand bag, and choose to make it shorter, wider taller, or whatever. Depending on what you select, it could be more expensive and time consuming the bigger the build.

To the point, this cycle mechanic could work out for the AT guns where you could take an unarmored small cannon, the standard, a bigger cannon, and then basically an artillery peice.

This way we dont lose what we already have permanently in place for these new weapons.

1 Like

I once did a more extensive topic, including both AT guns, anti-aircraft defense and stationary heavy machine guns.

1 Like

Lighter AT guns should be buildable while heavier AT guns would spawned by AT squads and towed to position by vehicles.

1 Like