AS (artificial stupidity) pathing (subtitle: stop building sandbags on all entrances to the room where you put the spawn point)

This is a rant. I cannot COUNT how many times AS controlled soldiers walk in front of my LMG or AT rocket. This usually results in the death of at least one, but sometimes two of my soldiers. There was supposed to be a fix rolled out for this; it didn’t work.

The AS controlled soldiers cannot jump out of a first story window or climb over sandbags, unless those sandbags happen to be cover for an LMG, and then they’ll amuse themselves by jumping willy-nilly over it, blocking my shots and views.

A few times, they manage to time their running in front of me with a grenade throw; wasting a grenade and often killing the soldier throwing it.

With squad mates like this; who needs enemies?

4 Likes

They have special friends who build spawn points on roof tops or attics… and then sand bag them as well for good measure.

1 Like

Utilise the commands you have.

They are pretty terrible, but mark enemies and hold them back for extra lives.

Marking places will ensure your bots are at least looking in the right direction.

Holding them back will ensure you’ll have a couple of lives to sponge against the enemy point.

Army game changed conditions this is happens in every custom game now its every 4- to 7 seconds you cant move or shoot or get out of the way is this deliberated by players who s feel their loosing their game they made or is it a bug its insane annoying you cant do anything but get killed so until they sort it out no point even playing – custom - games

Seriously I hate my AI soldiers sometimes. They’re great when they shoot at random enemies, but DANG IT I NEED TO KILL THAT TIGER AND NOW I’M RELOADING WITH HALF MY HP REMAINING BECAUSE THE AI DECIDED RIGHT THEN AND THERE HE NEEDED TO CROSS IN FRONT OF ME

1 Like

Didn’t they add the option to command your AT troops to attack tanks?

I’m sure this is a thing.

1 Like

Yeah but why tell my AI to when I have the M9 in my hands?

THIS… I get so irritated when I spawn in the corner of a small room and someone has built sandbags cornering you in that room and it’s a bitch to get out of. That makes zero sense to me. :expressionless:

1 Like

:rofl: My girlfriend is always wondering why I am cussing when I am playing. I tell her because my idiot AI bots are getting me killed. Last night I was laying down in a doorway with my Browning 1919A6 trying to shoot a big group of enemies standing across the street, and two of my AI bots took it upon them selves to keep crawling in front of me, thus blocking every damn bullet. Then the enemy notices my presence and not only kills me, but my two crawling idiots. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Happens to me all of the dang time too

1 Like

Best we can do is a rally point on top of a 5 story buildings roof /s

They did, but in my experience it’s pointless to try as the AS either doesn’t cook the explosives enough or just gets killed while they stand it the middle of an open field trying to aim AT equipment.

ahahah happens all the time