Are we really playing against players?

Lately i’ve been feeling that when im playing against or with a team, they seem to act very strangely on the battlefield with standing in far off distances and running in straight lines. I natually see these as bots and do question a lot what really is a bot player in Enlisted since they have so normal type of names.

So apparently when i scrolled through Enlisted’s reddit, someone had made a whole sheet on all names recorded of repeated bots in matches.

https://www.reddit.com/r/enlistedgame/comments/1cfmmiy/enlisted_insider_revealing_bot_identities_your/

this makes me question how many players actually play this game, and who’s really just replaced with one of these bots, this happends so frequently that i can not totally belive that this game is fully populated if they have resorted to using randomly generated bots.

If you play at weird hours or play lesser played factions, you do tend to get some bot matches, also some people leave matches they dont want to play and are replaced by bots.

That being said, there are plenty of players that the bots outperform

It also makes the game far more casual as an experience, which is a strength in a world of hyper competitive “esport-esk” shooters.

1 Like

most of the time it feels like one side is bots. or becomes bots when players leave.

im seing alot of “this guy is hacking, all leave” recently. Right at the start of the game where the supposed hacker only has 10 kills…yeah okay.

Average enlisted player is worse than bots so i dont see any difference

3 Likes

do not doubt
Most of them are real people
It’s just that they are worse than AI

1 Like

if you play custom games with nothing but bots, you will see that bots are better than most casuals in all expect reaction time which is uber nerfed so casuals could have fun.
Seriously I mess with customs often and bots build rallies, try to flank, go inside the objective, use grenades, call artillery ect.

2 Likes

yea it really surprising tbh make you wonder why didnt DF just put them into normal mode (unless they already did that and i didnt know)

Matchmaker (or actually lack of one) plus “meta” of half the enemy team leaving literally upon meeting ANY resistance is literally killing the damn game.
Recently came back to play a few games. Two were literal ghost towns. Third started out interesting (well I joined already started match - enemy Pershing was just farming bomb objective with HE and my team just kept feeding him) Tracked him on both sides with that Japanese semiauto AT rifle and kept spotting his stupid, parked in the middle of the open, ass until he got donked over the head by a 500kg la bomba. Instant ragequit. 5 minutes later 5 other people have left.
I can’t remember the last time I’ve had a match that really felt like I could actually try. It’s either a ghost town, all of the babies ragequit or its 1v19 impossibility

1 Like

There are many players in Lonefighter. I have been spending my time there trolling all the pilots there with my 12.21 turn time. The zero is so OP when not playing Pacific maps.