Are 8.8cm flak too strong for enlisted?

I guess so right? unless they make it slow to reload or have like maybe only 10 ap round or something i wouldnt be surprise that 8.8cm flak remain a map prop instead of usable emplacement defense.

Why would you want it anyway?

The current AA is 10/10 in its current state imo.

Deadly, but not too deadly. Making it a fair fight between the pilot and infantry.

Big guns are cool.

5 Likes

But not fun. Do we really wanna ruin the game even more with HE spam?

biggun
I think it’s fun…

For example, if it has a slower turning speed or is more prominent (+easier to spot) from the air, wouldn’t that balance out and make it an interesting toy?

Bro, this thread is not a suggestion, and it is not something to get angry about.
It is just a chat and no one is ruining the game. :smiley:

3 Likes

It could be quite fun if implemented correctly.

If I’m not mistaken, the way it works is that the flak shoots the projectiles to a certain height where they eventually explode. The shrapnel then destroys the planes.

The altitude/height setting could work like the range setting on a mortar. And the flak could also have a limited angle of attack, so it couldn’t be used against infantry like the current AA.

And these structures could only be located on the battlefield, they couldn’t be built by engineers.

Could be a pretty cool fluff tbh

5 Likes

The Tiger use the 8.8cm flak by the way, and because you can currently spam tiger tank, I see 0 issue in let players Activete the flak cannon on the map, as long both side can just use and repair the one already one the map withaut be able to build additional of it

8 Likes

Id like to see more of this in general as well. Might be an interesting way to make hardly used parts of maps worth fighting over

7 Likes

oh i didnt know that i thought the kwk gun are pak type not flak

I remember kwak,flak,Pak,stuk ecc… Is just the name of the cannon variant for the vehicle or stationary gun, but the cannon is the same

1 Like

there are BR4 tanks with the flak88 as cannon and numerous BR5 tanks with much stronger cannons.

1 Like

88s would be pretty cool. but lets face it, no ones gonna shoot them at planes haha. perfect for tanks

5 Likes

You sound like a German soldier on the front lines.

3 Likes

The current AA is 10/10 in its current state imo.

It sucks at br 5, i can shoot plane more efficiently with the FG 42

Why not re-activate the artillery positions on the map?
Let them fight with 3 different warheads (can use engineers to supplement a single type of warhead)

straight shot
Anti-aircraft induction warhead

Mortars
Anti-infantry high-explosive grenade
anti tank armor piercing grenade

the most important point
Make them destructible parts

If heavier bomber call ins are a future of enlisted than, yeah heavy Flak makes perfect sense as an anwser. Im for em, obv Br4-5 type of stuff

1 Like

Translation: “You’d use those vs planes? How could you!”

(Normal player)
clothing

Forlorn_Squad: “… You’d use them against planes… right???”

(Normal player)

DF: “To ruin fun, 88 AA got an unrealistic nerf not allowing it to aim under +5°”

(Normal player)
4dce5147-06b3-4ae2-9a27-ef83cd0bc44f-1665609928002

9 Likes

What is stupidity in general, given how they nerfed up the AA when they replaced the 4-barrel 20mm flak with a shield(I’m not arguing, it was powerful, but anyway it wasn’t a problem either) with single-barreled national AA guns without any protection. They need to return the old degrees, but also make the AA less resistant to damage.(So that the ATRs could destroy them with a shot like in the good old days)

1 Like

Good old days when you could single handedly deny all capping in most of Moscow maps by shooting through all wooden objects with the AA.

Wonder why they removed it

You’ve already stated the reason