Another crazy suggestion: Battle Scars

I remember one time logging in and noticed something interesting, three big scars across my youngest soldier, Volkhard’s, face.

Initially, I thought “oh, that’s cool, dynamic combat tracking”, but after a success in Normandy, the scar was gone.

If not a suggestion, but a discussion of a suggestion, would be to have a system where after so many continuous battles, the game calculates what location a squad’s soldiers had been hit the most and create some sort of injury for that location (most likely just visual).

For example, if Volkhard got shot in the arm the most after, say, 30 continuous battles, he would get a bandage wrapped around that area.

This would also work globally, so you can see other soldiers’ injuries of past battles in-game. If people don’t like it, there could easily be an option to turn it off in the graphics settings.

What do you guys think? Is this a good, immersive idea or a crazy fantasy?

7 Likes

Then every soldier would be full of bandages and scars. We die so much with them

3 Likes

Missing most of their limbs too.

Some of them would just be pink mist :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I thought of that.

As I said, continuous battles, so if you were to suddenly play without that squad, the scars would reset.

Some people only use one set of squads or atleast i do. My dudes would look like zombies

2 Likes

I don’t mean like that.:rofl:

It’d stay within the reasonable amount of damage that can be sustained by an alive and (moderately) healthy person.

1 Like

Good point, maybe it could all reset after a certain amount of time or have a limit on the damage?:thinking:

1 Like

Attack of the Mummies, No!

1 Like

Good

1 Like

Limiting it to a battle maybe? Vehicles and men getting dirty, sooty, dusty, wounded etc the longer they live, might even give a roll in the dirt meta (and cleaning in water) for unfitting uniforms in certain environments.

Df for some reason removed bullet wounds that used to be a thing a year and a half back or so.

1 Like

That would make for very easy camouflage, I’m up for that idea.

1 Like

cool idea however my 2013 lenovo thinkpad probably cant handle anymore new stuff

3 Likes

I have same laptop. It could be option that can be turned off just like gore and blood

1 Like

Welcome, fellow Windows 7 user.

I, myself, am running just below minimum requirements.

1 Like

i do want to have my squads have some bandages on their eyes maybe, i really wanna show the desperation of the third reich during the final years of the war (please make it at least able to be bought by silver or like free)

1 Like

same

1 Like

I’m running with a GT1030 and 4 Gigabytes of RAM, with an Intel Core 2 Quad processor.

so old computer or good computer

1 Like

It’s old, but decent.

It can run medium graphics between 16-33 frames per second.

they can’t even add all the unit insignia, and you want bandages