Amphibious Halftracks

So far I have been having a blast using my new halftracks, and I would love for future halftracks to continue to provide fun and new gameplay options. One way I think halftracks could be made even more fun would be to include amphibious halftracks into the game. Allowing players to stage a mini d-day landing on maps in the pacific and make use of the amphibious vehicle mechanic that is so underappreciated at the moment.

Examples include the DUKW (duck) landing vehicle used at Guadalcanal. With good speed in both land and water, this vehicle could be useful to quickly drive or boat around.

A-LVT-4-Amtrac-With-permission-Mesko-J-1993-14-Amtracs-in-Action-Armor-Number

044667bdc7db1cf05cf801317137cace--landing-craft-ww-tanks

The LVT-4 (or other modification) could also serve this role well, offering more armored protection and firepower at the cost of speed. Probably should also go with one that has gun shields.

(bonus: cool flamethrower variant used in the battle of peleliu 1944)

Only problem is that these vehicles lose their gimmick on maps with no water, but that is a problem that LVT tank owners currently face. However, I think these would be perfectly useful on dry land anyway.

12 Likes

This would be pretty cool if we got a map with a new gamemode that let you choose where to land, and Japan had to defend 360 degrees from cliff bunkers or something with layered defense lines

1 Like

That would be interesting to see! Or something similar to the Iwo Jima BFV map (I forgot the map name) where the Japanese defend the beach from the top hillside, moving towards the beach and up the hill to the mountain base and then up the mountain with each objective, then the 4th objective is inside the mountain (naval gun bunkers and machine gun nests and tunnels etc) and the 5th and final objective will be the top where the USA place the flag after the victory.

Lvt-4 amtrac is on my highly desired squads listā€¦premium or event

1 Like

Have you posted your list :eyes: I love speculating what kinda stuff could be added to the game

Heheā€¦long and distinguishedā€¦since your thread is ā€œamphibousā€ that was my main one.

But this one could fit here lol (motor cyle squad option or APC)

4 Likes

Its wonderful, do you have any idea if this thing actually existed?

1 Like

When i get a moment i guess i better verify :slight_smile:

1 Like

The amphibious kubelwagen could be devastating at BR 5 (Germany has like 1 water map). It would be great fun.

1 Like

Aparantly 15,584 were produced starting 1941

1 Like

Wasnt on my list but fits the thread haha

Landwasserschlepper (existed). Id say tech tree

3 Likes

And ill repost this for japan

3 Likes

Very cool, it would be best implemented with some new maps for germany with some water. It would be fun to bring it out on the beloe lake map.

3a916036b8ec71932f9138ba0f505a51
This isnā€™t a halftrack but this modified panzer 38t is also pretty cool.

2 Likes

Amphibious vehicles would be great if we had Battle of The Scheldt maps.
Battle of The Scheldt Map 1944
The Battle for Walcheren Island - Men of the 4th Special Service Brigade wade ashore from landing craft near Flushing to complete the occupation of Walcheren.

(Below) Painted depiction of the Battle of Walcheren Causeway. A brutal battle fought against the Germans, by mostly Canadian forces over a narrow embankment. The offensive failed and was seen as an unnecessary diversion after British Commandos secured Walcheren through a naval landing.
Walcheren Causeway Battle Art

4 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s something I would really love.
And If I am not mistaken, Canadians did use kangaroos there. They would be so cool

3 Likes

This could work but theres so little water in the game, and if theres enough its in the grey zone, it would be a nice idea if they remove the beach spawn for d-day and your squad spawn in an LCVP(this will make sure they dont get spawnkilled by the german machine guns shortly after spawning and also gives planes something else to do besides bombing their spawn all the time while tankers with their LVTs also spawn further out on sea to support the infantry, while shermans and others could spawn in close to the beach or inside large landing crafts with some protection to prevent being spawnkilled as well.

They did indeed (according to the internet). I wasnā€™t aware of this before, but it makes sense.

1 Like

would be cool if it were f2p

1 Like

DUKW already exists and is drivable on the Guadalcanal landing map fyi, as are many other ground vehicles that can be used to load up your squad. Many different maps too, like the school bus in Tunisia!

Just have to be on the lookout :eyes::face_with_monocle:

2 Likes
2 Likes