Am I comiting a War Crime in Enlisted?

The word war crime wasn’t in ented before WW2. However, war crimes are retroactivrd.
This unformal etiquette evolve with the development of modern warfare.
This topic is here to explain the proper etiquette of war as it was in 1945, before the 1949 Geneva Convention or the addition 1977 Protocole I .

ABOUT SHOOTING ON PARACHUTE.
german-parachute-troops-ww2-14165522

**30. Persons Descending by Parachute

The law of war does not prohibit firing upon paratroops or other persons who are or appear to be bound upon hostile missions while such persons are descending by parachute. Persons other than those mentioned in the preceding sentence who are descending by parachute from disabled aircraft may not be fired upon.**

You had to wait until 1949 to have officialy writen in the text reglementing the law of war: the Geneva Convention.
The patch note was

**Article 42 – Occupants of aircraft

1. No person parachuting from an aircraft in distress shall be made the object of attack during his descent.

2. Upon reaching the ground in territory controlled by an adverse Party, a person who has parachuted from an aircraft in distress shall be given an opportunity to surrender before being made the object of attack, unless it is apparent that he is engaging in a hostile act.

3. Airborne troops are not protected by this Article.**

ABOUT PERSONNAL EQUIPMENT.
unnamed

Shotgun, flammenthrower, serrated are not officialy considered a war crime but particulary heinous weapons that are design an unescessary amout of pain.

In WW1, the use of shotgun by US army make the number of casualties rise in the german troop.
The german officials ask this weapon to be removed, if not there will be repercution on the shotgun captured man.
In response, the US officials defend themself and threaten to take the same repercution on flammerwerfer captured troops.

A soldier captured with a serrated knife would be killed by his own knife. Slowly.

At the end those weapon are not warcrime, but follow the rule of the jungle. Don’t be captured.

SUICIDE PLANE
Sakai_Cockpit_A5M

It’s OK.
But don’t do that you noob.

To sum up:

• Remember that the notion of war crime is not invented yet, but the unofficial rules of warfare already exist.
  • The notion of cruelty is not limited by the media. And the innaction in front of a warcrime could be persucuted.
  • It’s not a war crime if there is no witness.
1 Like

Happy totalitarian regime noises.

8 Likes

You mean the geneva friendly suggestion?

4 Likes

To prepare for the next parachute update, just be sure to ask if the pilot want to surrender before shooting him.

4 Likes

Do you want to surrender?
Aye, aye captain!
I cant hear youuuuu
Aye, aye captain!
(Mg 34 fire)

3 Likes

While waiting for the response, you have the right to aim at him or to build an anti aircraft gun.

Just saying.

1 Like

Hans says: it’s not a war crime if there are no survivors left to tell it

3 Likes

Geneva convetion?

more like, Geneva suggestion.

( comedy.exe )

4 Likes

Use this next time
5xd0zi

not even a Serb committed as many war crimes as I did in this game, bro.
and remember there is no war crime if there is no one who can tell it :slight_smile:

• MKB 35/III agresivily sounds *
2 Likes

Free kills :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s not a war crime if you win

4 Likes

Ah. When wars were fought between gentlemen. Doesn’t apply nowadays anymore with the new trend of terrorism and religious fanatics (animals).

Well. Back to the crusades, it’s the same as a thousand years ago…
Deus Vult!

4 Likes

And furthermore Miss Swan! The Geneva Convention is more what you’d call guidelines than actual rules!

The next update for Enlisted will include the Nuremburg trials just for you.

I remember reading a line in a book from an old war vet, couldn’t remember the name, but they had said something along the lines:

"Back then they didn’t call it war crimes, they called it survival"

1 Like