Add secondary selection for aircraft?

I hate bf 109 use 4x 50kg bomb and ju-87 b2-d3-d5 use 4x 50kg and 1x250kg, i mean i want to select bomb like using 1x 1000kg on ju-87 D3 & D5 and 1x 250kg on bf 109. And to unlock it you have to upgrade first, like upgrade phase 1 you got small bomb, phase 2you got mid bomb and in phase 3 you got biggest bomb and more small and mid-bomb option. i hope they add it because it sucks to have such a small bomb.

4 Likes

Not exactly sure what you are expecting from “big bombs”
So far ive had much better results with 4x 50 than with single 250kg or 500kg.

Sure in 1on1 comparison both 250/500 have bigger radius than 50kg.
But the fact that u can drop 4 to somewhat effectively carpet bomb gives by far better results.

“big bombs” i mean like 500kg, 1000kg, bomb more weight than 250kg bomb

if your team coordinate enough then yah

I too think that selecting loadouts overall on planes would be great.

1 Like

At the very least partial building destruction should be a thing at that point.

Imagining dropping 500s and exceeding on stalinium wood buildings or humble sandstone houses to no effect would be cursed.

1 Like

If you look at German, Soviet or Japanese aircraft, this idea seems alright, however the moment you look at American aircraft everything falls apart. The P-51D alone can take M8s, HVARs and 1000kg bombs all in the exact same payload, and the F6FFP-5 can carry a pair of 2000lb pound bombs with extra HVARs or smaller bombs. Not to mention the extra pair of 1000lb bombs the P-47 can carry. Opening up this floodgate is very risky, and will no doubt lead to a lot more complaining.

3 Likes

Can and should are two different things, that plane can take that much ordnance but should it?
We can make a system that limits too much highpower payloads.

But who determines what is too much power? And what about the options that opens up for the Americans but no one else? Would it be fair to let US fighters carry M8s and HVARs while no one else has any rockets even remotely similar on their fighters, save for the British who also go in the US TT? And if not, how far can you neuter the plane before it stops being representative of that plane? Custom loadouts opens up Pandoras Box on these questions and there is not really any good answer to them. As annoying as it can be to have your payload restricted, it’s probably a better option than custom payloads simply due to the fallout of what would happen if they did add it.

I would suggest that most nations have rockets available, Or Fighters with equally as heavy ordnance

Just a Few examples:

Germany

Soviets

Japan

Germany for example may not “typically” have as many rockets (although there is a fw 190 with 14 panzer blitz rockets and a large bomb), but make up for it with 30mm cannons. If they could choose ammunition belts they could wreck either infantry or vehicles

Soviets have a bit of everything. Big guns, rockets and bombs.

Allies rarely go above 20mm…and USA rarely goes above 50 cal. More reliant on rockets

How does War Thunder do it??

German rockets tend to be too small to have any impact as can be seen with the ROS-82 on the soviet hurricane, as most tend to be similarly sized with similar payloads. Japanese and Soviet rockets arn’t mounted in nearly enough quantity on any of their fighters, save for one variant of the N1K that isn’t in WT. Regardless, any way you cut it implementing this will give the US a significant advantage over everyone without a significant handicap.

By not caring about balancing aircraft in GRB and just giving the Americans the advantage in this case.

Unlike War Thunder, CAS directly impacts infantry and not just tanks. so larger bombs is absolutely more of a factor when it comes to BR. As such, the ability to change the loadout on planes instead of just having different plane variants could be done, but it would need to also adjust the BR of the plane, which could get ugly quickly. I would really have to see a drawn out plan for this to really get on board with it or not.

3 Likes

I care about balance I just didn’t realize the scope of how much better American aircraft is. I still do very well as a German bomber and/or fighter.

1 Like