Add rotation and scale parameters underneath the transform / localTM parameter

today i come with another simple suggestion of which would make modder’s life 10 times easier.

and that is,

add a rotation and scale parameters to objects along side / next to the transform location parameter ( X Y Z )

currently, for example, to attach decorators to vehicles it’s easier as you can move them around.

but it’s a pain in the :peach: trying to get the correct scaling and rotation of the object.
we cannot change those in real time unlike the position.

hence, it would be really cool to have in real time the rotation parameters and scale parameters.
why?

for the following reason:

• much faster and less time consuming as ideally, we would be able to tweak the size or rotation in real time, copy the numbers, and save them. opposed as changing numbers over the blk, save, restart, and redo the whole process until you’ll get mildly the results as you were originally hoping for.

it’s even worse when axes of rotations are flipped, so it’s easy to sunk alot of time and losing track of each axe as some are once again, flipped.

• more precision and controls while being again, in real time.

Note. emphasis on real time.

i am aware this would be neutral for rendinsts. since we do have handles, rotation and stuff. but having numbers paraters i’d argue could still be of benefit. to be even more precise.

it would be quite a QOL for those who like me, makes lots of custom things using different scales and rotations.

and that is all.
thanks for listening.

5 Likes

You should able use move/rotate/scale tools on decor. But don’t forgot to update attach_decorators__templates property (need remove any symbol, apply changes and return back it again).

1 Like

i feel like a fool.

and it was this easy?

i’m still… unsure why we don’t have precision tools parameter like the tm but i won’t complain.

Where can I see the coordinates for changing the size of the decorator or its rotation? In order to transfer them to the entities file and spawn the equipment, I only found the placement coordinates relative to the center of the object.

so, with devenddar’s method, you can sort of obtain the positions and scales through decors.

but… yeah it wont help for everything.

which i still think we should get a visual parameters with each numbers and what not

1 Like

Okay, you can set their scales through a notepad, but what about turning the decor or changing the angle? Just install the equipment and change the decor in it, that’s clear, but how do you transfer it to a file?

so, once you removed a letter, changed direction and size, duplicate it, and re-add the letter ( from the template name so that you can change the pos and size )

upon saving, you’ll get the correct position and numbers size through the scene.blk

after that, you just copy the new numbers, and replace them over entities.blk ( if you are using those ) if not, you can just leave it at it is, and add more doing the same method.

however, doesn’t work sometimes for custom rendinsts / decorations.
they will be stuck in place.

but I wrote about this in the question, I know where the parameters responsible for placement are and I copy them to entities, but I don’t see the parameters that affect rotations and angles.

ah…

well, you can’t see them in real time.

only when you have finished to place your decoration / item through the blk.

( hence… why this suggestion exists :upside_down_face: )

in the meanwhile, to understand how those works, you can create 4 decorators, move them in different rotations / scales and try to figure things out.

that’s how i learned some of the clothing and stuff.

but that’s less than ideal.

It’s a pity, I thought there was such a parameter for angles somewhere.

(For some reason the screenshot in the menu stopped working :smiling_face_with_tear:)

unfortunately not.

i really need it for my own cosmetics and attachments.

mostly to do my vehicles in my police mod:

or custom weapons and what not.

1 Like