About high BR Japanese weapons

1. Type 92 machine gun. It is modeled after the Lewis machine gun, with a large magazine of 97 rounds and a good anti-aircraft sight, and it more looks like the Japanese M1919a6 in the game.
  2. Ultra-light machine gun. There is quite little information and data about this weapon. This automatic rifle seems to have been an experimental weapon of the LJA. Its design was originally intended to provide automatic firepower support for teams like BAR, but its weight is considered the lightest among similar weapons. Maybe this weapon can be Japanese FG42 or AVT40.
6 Likes

Yes, the Type 92 was a Lewis copy for airplanes which was quickly replaced due to its lack of effectiveness (same with the U.K.).
I find the weapon suitable as a ground combat LMG, so I’ve already added it to my list next some others (and it’s more accurate than the “Tokyo Arsenal SMG”).

The last picture shows the Type Hei Auto with 20 rounds.
But I don’t think it’s correct to integrate it as a researchable weapon, but to make it a gold card (similar to T20E1).

Yes the ULMG should be added as an AR akin to the Federov

dont really see any issue of adding it as regular research tree item.
Murrica has theyr M2.

Yes, that’s true.
As I said: I don’t think it’s necessary to include it as a researchable weapon - but if it’s necessary to prevent a major balancing problem, then there’s no choice and it will be fine.
But: You can always add new stuff, so I would at least try it at the beginning without the Type Hei Auto as a standard weapon. And to be fair, the M2 is not the “eierlegende Wollmilchsau” ^^.
It’s good and give’s an advantage in combat, yes, but it also has its weaknesses.
A final solution would be to banish the M2 from the Pacific, if it’s such a big problem in the matches.

But as far as I can tell, it was not the overall game changer (I played with and against it several times) - the most often reason, why I lost, was because of missing rallies, no good support from tanks or planes or something like that.

which applies to both factions.
Currently the murrica doesnt need absolutely anything more to pacific, japs does.

Quite sure japs dont have a single auto rifle, so id say in those terms its a massive advantage.

I think this would fit the AR role better since its full-auto only, so most definitely not a SF rifle like Fg42 or AVT40.

I would also like to nominate this for BR4.

But currently, Japanese technology tree doesn’t provide individual soldiers with fully automatic rifles. So it’s hard to deal with T20e1 or M2 carbine in high BR.

That’s good one to replace Type 4 rifle.

1 Like

I’m with you.
The M1904 would be a nice addition and I have it on my list as well.
And yes, the Type Hey is full auto → I see it in a role similar to the T20E1 and the Gorov LMG.

And like I said, I don’t think the M2 will break gameplay.
I mean the Type Hei semi-auto has a lower rate than any other semi-auto; the Type Otsu has a higher rate (but only 5 rounds).
As far as I know, the reverse-engineered Type Otsu from the ZH-29 was not adopted by the IJA, so it never saw combat - but it’s already here, so give it a bigger mag and you have an m2 rifle (more dmg than higher rof).
And like I said, if this weapon is necessary to balance the teams, I don’t think it will be such a big problem to bring it into the game; but if it’s not necessary, I think it should be an exclusive gold order like the Gorov LMG and the T2OE1 as a rifle that can be used by most classes.
From my point of view, the M2 was strong in the Pacific, but as I said, I fought with it (and yes, I enjoyed it), but I also fought against it, and it was not as overpowered as hell. But maybe it depends on the server, I don’t know. At least I would prefer to wait for a real balance issue.
I mean, some people hate the Jumbo in the Pacific (yes, it was never there ^^) - my team destroyed a lot of them with different equipment and we won with ez; and that was not a single time expirience. And I’m sure it’s the same with the M2.
I’ve definitely played more on the Japanese side and I’m not afraid of the M2.

I’ve definitely played more on the Japanese side than on the U.S. side and I’m not afraid of the M2.

1 Like

M2 carbine is scary to Japan because its crazy that every solider has automatic firepower in a nine person squad. It certainly won’t determine the outcome of a game, but it will bring obvious advantages especially Japanese don’t have automatic rifles.

Japan is far more in need of a better riflemen weapon than yet another assaulter weapon.