A New Nation in enlisted part 1

Because its hard to transform a vehicle-based game into an infantry-based game.

I doubt korean war will be not infantry-based or vietnam war will bring a fully unique gameplay, so diverse to ww2.

Infantry here, infantry there. Same devs, same game engine. Why separation? I dont want to start another launcher just to switch battle grounds, lol.

Yeah, maybe, and maybe not, itā€™s all speculation at this point. However, like I said, if Enlisted didnā€™t get attached to War Thunder, why would they attach Vietnam or Desert Storm to it Essentially adding all the new factions, maps, different era of weapons and such would almost as much work as building a new game anyway. But ā€œIFā€ DF was even to consider it, you have to remember that the dollar is always the deciding factor. :wink: Which makes DF more money, adding on, or a new game? It doesnā€™t matter what we think. :blush:

I used to build race cars and tracks for video games, and built countless types of cars from Sprint cars, dirt stock cars, modifieds Nascar from the mid 1960ā€™s all the way up to the early 1980ā€™s. Dirt cars run on different tracks then pavement cars, and every era of Nascar saw track changes. So, in those games, tracks had to be created for each era of racing. So I kind of look at Enlisted the same as it is not just as easy to build some new weapons and factions, you have to build all new maps, just like racing mods require all new tracks. This is one reason I say if DF was going to do something like this I would expect a whole new game.

Also, there already was a mechanic for different battlegrounds in form of campaign. Where we were able to choose a battleground inside ww2 and on different battlegrounds there were different ā€œtech linesā€ and factions.

Thats was unpopular only by a reason that they were about the same time period and same weapons. People are bored if they have to grind same ppsh 3 times.

But if they bring back campaigns in form of completely different wars with different time periodsā€¦ the amount of ā€œsame weaponsā€ in there will be so low that it will be successfull, imo.

Iā€™ve made a forum post about that on russian forum (iā€™m too lazy to translate it to english and publish it here).

1 Like

Adding on, for sure.

Both games will be FTP, its cheaper to add content in one game (since they already have a mechanic for campaigns) than maintaining two, three, four separate games.

Yeah, the silver can be separate and some people will pay for silver separately in one and another game, but in terms of development it would be cheaper to just add content in one game, imo.

WarThunder is pretty successfull. While World of Tanks/Planes/Ships is not. (Okay, Tanks are kinda successfull, but Planes are dead and Ships are dying, while in WarThunder they can afford to have all of them in one game and some people are tend to try new mechanics and new vehicles, maintaining a low online for ships and kinda great online for planes)

this will bury the game because in this case no one will donate several times

3 Likes

Well, there is a difference between single-player games (or simple multiplayer cooperatives) and free-to-play shooters in terms of maintaining the game itself and constantly adding new content.

Imagine you have to completely divide your dev team just to maintain two games. Thatā€™ll slow the development and content-adding for both games. While if you add content in one game, you can add a little here, a little there and supply the interest of the gamers in all of the battlegrounds.

I think, wargaming lost their race because of that. Even with completely different gameplay for separate games (while in Enlisted/Enlisted 2/Enlisted 3 the core gameplay will be the same cuz it will be still a shooter with infantry and vehiclesā€¦) they failed. While Gaijin is thriving.

1 Like

Also, lets not forget that Gaijin is advertising their game as

ā€œthe biggest online game with thousands of vehicles and battlegrounds of different eras where you can play as a pilot, tanker or a captain of your shipā€

and so on.

Imagine an amount of Enlisted advertisement where they can brag about

ā€œMupliple campaigns, hundreds of vehicles of different eras, many battlegrounds from WW2 to Iran, where you can storm the fortifications of Normandy in 1944 or defend the Saigon from the attacking forces of North Vietnam in 1976ā€

2 Likes

Iā€™m open to this idea.

For the Korean War and First Indochina War (1946-1954) would we have a separate campaign, but weapons unlocked in the Second World War campaign would be automatically unlocked in these two post war campaigns?

Both of those involved almost all WWII weapons and the majority of tanks and aircraft. Hence why Ive always argued Korea should be a high rank Enlisted (as current WWII game) option.

Whereas Vietnam, Afghanistan (USSR invasion), the Gulf War, Afghanistan (US-Coalition) and Iraq amongst others I believe require their own mechanics and tech trees.

Im not sure how computers would handle an FPS game that through campaigns basically covers the entire 20th century of warfare but its a cool idea.
I see there was a post about adding the First World War to the game as a separate campaign. I think that could be a good idea, there arent that many WWI games out there and if we think of separate campaigns having
World War One and World War Two would make a lot of sense.

My idea would be as follows: (bold = campaign that can be selected)

World War One

Interwar conflicts eg.

• The Spanish Civil War
  • The Chaco War

World War Two

Early Cold War
-First Indochina War
-Korean War
-Malayan Emergency

Mid Cold War

• Konfrontasi
  • Second Indochina War ā€˜The Vietnam Warā€™
  • Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan

Late Cold War/The War on Terror

• Afghanistan (USSR)
  • Gulf War
  • Afghanistan (US & Allies)
  • Iraq War
2 Likes

We have ivent modern conflict. And even now you can ride the t80-u and abrams m1a1 modifications in the mods. And also ak74m, spas 12 mp5 and much more.

2 Likes

Yes! Thats also was a part of my suggestion. If you unlock a weapon - you unlock it in every campaign.

Same as they can handle the WarThunder, i guess. anyway, there already were 5 completely separate games inside enlisted called campaigns. Where research lines were separate and even some weapons from the merge of campaigns into a single game, are separate. USSR has 3 or 4 PPS-42 with different characteristics, as i remember :Š 

2 Likes

Well, again, yes and no. First of all itā€™s not just as simple as building a couple new factions and giving them guns. You have to have all new maps for them to fight on, and sometimes starting new is easier then cutting and pasting new things into old things. I am no video game expert by any means, although I have been around long enough that my first video game was pong. :rofl: But I was in the model building field from about 2002 through when I quit 2021. I built certain parts for games, just the cars, car sets and tracks, although I stopped with tracks in the early 2000ā€™s. Often times it is much simpler to take the game basics and start new rather then trying to cut and past things into existing games. There were a lot of online racing leagues that used these, so they are not all just one person playing on his computer. I worked alone building cars from scratch, having to paint a complete field of cars and drivers to add, and the average time it took to do this from start to finish was about a year. One USAC legend mod had over 30 different car chassis and over 300 drivers which spanned a whole decade and took me doing it part time almost 3 years from start to finish. Obviously DF has more then one person doing the gaming I would think. :rofl: Anyway, the sheer amount of work that would be involved in adding something like Vietnam or Desert Storm is the amount it would take to build an entirely new game, which is why I would see them releasing it as a new game. Just my opinion.

Besides, unless someone has heard something, DF hasnā€™t said they are even interested in adding a Vietnam or Desert Storm or any other decade of war rather then WW2, so this is all speculation and I highly doubt we will ever see DF add this.

This is the very last car series I made back in 2021, and others built the tracks for them to race on. I think this game probably had maybe a dozen different chassis I built from Novaā€™s, Camaroā€™s, Mustangs, Chevelleā€™s, Challengers, Dusters ect.
Stock car 2021

1 Like

3 Likes

Well, since enlisted already has a mechanic for separate games and already had multiple separate games that can be chosen in one menu, with separate maps, factions and weapons, i think for Darkflow it would be much easier to just reuse that old mechanic that, i doubt, they cut from their game (iā€™m never deleting something, iā€™m just hiding it deep in code, haha).

Is it, really? I mean, if you start from Korea, you can reuse old assets from WW2 era, add new assets for postwar weapons (ak47, helicopters and so on) and make a one map for a test (Enlisted maps are mostly just giant sattelite scans or something and you can reuse same map in 10 completely different battles as its used on Moskow maps). I doubt its ā€œlargerā€ than a single major update, imo. Then, you can bring Vietnam and reuse assets from Korea. Then, Afganistan. Then, Desert Storm and so onā€¦

Iā€™m 60% sure weā€™ll eventually see more battlegrounds cuz ww2 is not an infinite balloon you can drip content from. They have to go forward as warthunder does to be successfull.

Well, thats cool :Š  I dont have such experience in game dev, iā€™ve only participated in some open-source projects. Thats interesting!

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure if it were all up to you and I to decide we could come up with something. :rofl:

3 Likes

:+1: :dromedary_camel: :dromedary_camel: :dromedary_camel: :dromedary_camel:

3 Likes

If I learned all the software needed and wanted to take time, I could probably model some here in Enlisted, but I just turned 60, have a 33 year old girlfriend who keeps me busy, so other then just playing, I donā€™t have the time. Plus, I got used to using more or less the same editing software and programs for over 20 years so I am not that eager to re learn. :rofl: To be honest, probably not smart enough to learn new programs either. :rofl:

2 Likes

1 Like

Well, iā€™m testing my powers in modding rn. Made some little mods and working on a bigger mod with different game mode. Maybe in future i would be able to model something and recreate korean war in enlisted mods or somethingā€¦

2 Likes

Age is not a hindrance, if only there was a desire, and there are guides in youtube, and the editor Ā± simple in comparison with the series of games Men of War.

2 Likes

I got into it because no one would make the mods I wanted, so, other then learning to do it myself they would have never got done. I grew up in the racing community so all my modding was done building race cars. Someone told me they had some editing software that they didnā€™t how to use, but they would give it to me for free if I taught them how to use itā€¦>That is if I learned to use it myself. :rofl: After that and I had made a couple race tracks, people would just give me any editing software I needed for free. So, I never paid a dime for anything, but after over 20 years of it I got tired of it. Plus, the base game was getting old and all the mods I made would have needed to be redone to use in newer games, which I donā€™t have the patients anymore to go back and re learn how to edit and mod for other games, like Assetto Corsa which many of the people I used to edit with now build cars for.

This is me on the purple Kart and my oldest son on the Pink Kart racing in 2014 I think. He ended up winning and I finished second. This picture only shows us, but we started at the back of the heat race so you canā€™t see any other Kart. BTW his Kart is fluorescent Pink, but it looks like Mary Kay Cosmetic pink because of the sun. :rofl:

3 Likes