Unable to join friends on xbox series X - Enlisted

Me and my friends (3 Total all on Xbox series X) have been unable to join each others parties for over 180 days. This issue only occurred after in the in-game friends list UI was added.

Noted: We live together so we are all on the same network, 1 wired and 2 Wireless.

The issue as follows:

1. Using the in-game friends list brings up the Xbox overlay. This blocks players from being able to add one another as ‘enlisted friends’.
  2. When selecting one another to join we are met with the message “Failed to join, players session full or has ended”.

We all have the same crossplay settings on our consoles and in Enlisted. We are all in the same campaign on the same factions.

This issue has persisted for over 180 days despite us all being premium squad holders and having played since Moscow.

We have all spent many hours online trying other peoples methods to get this working, but so far none of us have had any luck. This is a real shame as we have been unable to play together since this particular update so long ago.

2 Likes

Hi. We’re sorry that you’ve been experiencing this kind of problem for a long time.
If possible, describe step by step how you are trying to invite friends to the squad. (using in-game contacts or via live)

We are aware of the problem with the inability to create a squad using invites through live, we are trying to fix them.
Try to invite friends to the squad one by one using the in-game contact list. This may cause errors, but the squad should be created.

We will try to fix problems with invites as soon as possible.

1 Like

The in-game contact list has a few options e.g invite to group, invite to friends list, block etc. Selecting any of these will bring up the Xbox overlay. When you invite a friend through the Xbox overlay they receive an Xbox live invite, when they accept it the title will attempt to have them join but they will be told “Failed to join, group full”. The Below issues are all a 100% reproduction rate.

Issue 1 - Adding contacts.
**Notes before reproducing issue: Boot the title and go through the frontend splash screens as usual until you’re on the frontend displaying your squads. Both Host and client must reach the frontend. Make sure both Host and client are already Xbox friends to one another. These steps will repro the Xbox Overlay stopping you from adding your xbox friend as an in-game friend/contact within enlisted. **

1. Host select the in-game contact list, observe it is empty.
2. Host select the search bar and search for the client’s Xbox Gamertag.
**3. Host select the client’s gamertag and Select “Add friend”. **
**4. Observe the Xbox Overlay is brought up for your options to interact with your friend. **

Issue 2 - “Invite to group” has no functionality
Notes before reproducing issue: Boot the title and go through the frontend splash screens as usual until you’re on the frontend displaying your squads. Both Host and client must reach the frontend. Make sure both Host and client are already Xbox friends to one another. These steps will repro the “Invite to group” button having no functionality.

1. Host select the in-game contacts list.
  2. Host use the search bar to find your Xbox Live friend.
  3. Host select your friend and select “Invite to group”
  4. Host and Client Observe nothing happens.

Issue 3 - "Group Full error"
Notes before reproducing issue: Boot the title and go through the frontend splash screens as usual until you’re on the frontend displaying your squads. Both Host and client must reach the frontend. Make sure both Host and client are already Xbox friends to one another. These steps will repro the group being full error that blocks joining of friends.

1. Host select the in-game contacts list.
  2. Host use the search bar to find your Xbox Live friend.
  3. Host select your friend and select “View profile”
  4. Once the Xbox overlay displays Host selects “invite”, Client accept the xbox invite.
  5. Host observe the client attempting to join in the bottom right.
  6. Client wait and observe error message displays “Failed to join”.

P.S We are on the same connection at home. I am wired and BugleBlower69 is using Wi-Fi. These issues all repro 100% even if we are both wired or both on Wi-Fi.

Please notify us if a fix goes in. We don’t check patch notes as we haven’t been able to play for so long.
I would be shocked if it genuinely slipped past internal QA, I imagine it is to do with sharing a network perhaps? Something that may not have occurred in office or Work from home.

Hi, we are still trying to resolve this issue, but we can’t reproduce it. Can you try a case in which you break a friendship in Live and then add a friend again in the client?

Hi, can you check one case? Is your teammate muted for you in Live or vice versa?

We delivered possible fix. Can you check it?

Yeah, is the possible fix live now? I am working from home so can boot it up in the background and test it.

Can confirm the fix is a partial fix.

We are able to join a group together and load into gameplay of all campaigns and modes!!!

However, We have to use the in-game contacts list to invite one another or we are told the group is full. We are also still unable to add one another as friends or contacts using the in-game contacts list.

As I say though, the good news is that the core ability to join one another and play again is restored!

Thanks for your help. The second issue with Live invites is known and we work on fix.

1 Like