+++ No progression, making everything skill-based
++ Love the new maps
++ Snipers feel much more usefull with the pre-built defenses
++ Pre-built defenses give players a lot of options
++ Semi-automatic weapons give players the ability to compete against automatic weapons at short-mid range
– Cant adjust sight range on bazooka or panzerfaust
– American voicelines feel off, wrong accent?
– Reload of panzerfaust is wrong
– Snipers could probably maintain a bit more damage over range
– MG34 is better than a M1918 BAR. Consider the M1919 with a 50rd belt instead
– MP43/1 is probably too strong
– M4A2 is better than Pz4J mainly with the faster turret traverse. Consider a Pz4G instead
I really like the new maps. The gun emplacements give the defenders a lot of options, while also providing the attacking team’s sniper troops a lot of targets to support the team, especially on D-Day (Invasion). There’s verticality as well, giving you even more options. The maps require a lot of knowledge to navigate quickly and to make best use of the pre-built defenses. There is a niche for pretty much every squad type as well.
Having everything pre-unlocked and no progression further made up my mind that the current perk/weapon upgrade/etc progression system from B.o.Moscow should be changed. With Normandy, I do not have to worry about getting good score, or the enemy having better weapons than I do. I have to rely on skill to defeat my opponents.
My only negative thoughts about Normandy are either minor nitpicks of what is probably work in progress stuff, like the Panzerfaust / Bazooka, or minor balance issues that could be fixed with simple stat tweaks.
Amazing work, devs!