Company of Normandy , Plane - Bf 109 G-6. 0 damage?

After firing the entire magazine at the enemy bomber, and I mean accurate hits, this as if nothing was going on, where the Bf 109 is damaged after 2 short bursts. It is unfair when the FIGHTER cannot shoot down a bomber while sitting on its tail for one minute. Give some power for Messerschmitt. He’s fucking nerfed.

1 Like

everything under 30mm is crap

2 Likes

american 50 cals and soviet 20mm’s are usually pretty good actually

3 Likes

I wont say anything else: Aircraft hit detection.
I have no problems with the armament.

2 Likes

True, only german aircraft cannon and mg dont have damage

1 Like

This. It’s hit detection and server desync. The dev’s posted about it again in their last update.

2 Likes

Don’t those Also usually have volume of fire on their side ?

They often do yes. But that still doesnt explain why i find the la-5fn’s 2 20mm’s far more effective than the bf 109 g10’s 3 20mm

1 Like

American AN2s also burn all axis planes almost immediately, but the German guns do the same very rarely

1 Like

You think it’s bad now? Imagine how it was before, when the damage on most planes was completely fcked. The G6 felt like you were shooting literal marshmallows, didn’t help that most the planes it had to go against were complete bullet sponges.

Now the G6 still shoots marshmallows, just that they are heated up by 100 degrees. You got to treat it like a shotgun with wings, against tanks that also have wings. Basically, get the closest you can to the enemy plane (preferably with stealth) and shoot the wings, pilot, or vertical stabilizers.
This way, it will be significantly easier to shoot down anything that doesn’t have a complete maneuverability advantage over you. Of course there’s still the problem of gunners, however, those planes only have a single gunner on the top back. So as long as you keep yourself below the enemy plane or straight behind the tail you’ll be fine.

You can even shoot down planes like the P-47 or even an IL-2 with just a couple 20mm if you do it right, really takes away the pain of having to dump hundreds of shots to do anything.