Add the SKS-45 prototype

The SKS-45 was not massed produced until 1949, way after WW2

4 Likes

I’ve heard that they may have been used in the battle of Berlin…

1 Like

So? why is the m2 carbine in the game then? It was used for less than two months before the war ended. Not really a fair argument, sorry.

2 Likes

Enough evidence to add every weapon I guess.

Saw it combat in WW2? Yes.

1 Like

:scissors: :scissors: :scissors:

From Wikipedia

Simonov’s early 7.62×39mm models were quickly pressed into service with troops of the 1st Belorussian Front during the final months of World War II. The SKS was still undergoing active field trials when Germany surrendered to the Allies in May 1945. At the war’s end, the trials commission in the 1st Belorussian Front recommended the carbine be accepted into general service as the SKS-45. Mass production was delayed while the SKS underwent minor technical changes and alterations as a result of its trial performance during the war.

So the SKS-45 prototype was used in active field trials against Germany in WW2 before it was actually designated as the SKS-45. So why couldn’t it be added as an event or battlepass weapon? Makes more sense than most event/battlepass weapons as it was actually used in the field unlike other prototypes like the Cönders

2 Likes

I’ll trust Russian sources more on this matter:

image

5 Likes

A: still saw combat
B: conversion kits for regular ol M1’s existed for a while before M2’s started rolling in

1 Like

I guess that I should have said an SKS-45 PROTOTYPE… Geez.

This thing!
images

1 Like

It would make a good br2 semi auto, instead they give us a slightly tweaked version of the svt-38.

1 Like

SKS-45 uses intermediate cartridge.

No intermediate cartridge SKS was ever adopted/used/tested/finished in WW2.

The only variant that was prototyped and tested was the rifle cartridge SKS which we are getting in the current event.

1 Like

When US :us: players hear SKS :


Music starts playing:

CCR-Fortunate Son.

I don’t really care if it actually existed or not, it would still be a good addition to the game.

1 Like

No.

1 Like

Yes, They should add the ak74 next!

this is 20 years too early lol

1 Like

I know, the SKS didn’t exist until Vietnam anyways, I love sarcasm, lol!

“The only variant that was prototyped and tested was the rifle cartridge SKS which we are getting in the current event.”

I thought it was the SKS-31 that was field tested. Not the SKS-30, which is from the current event.

1 Like

facepalm