Why is the Madsen lmg so bad?

This is not a complain really but I’m genuinely curious to know has the Madsen ever been a good or at least decent lmg at one point and it got nerfed? or has it always been like this? the thing is terrible to play with, uncontrollable, inaccurate and has a poor RoF, but other guns are also horrible but you can work your way around it, but the Madsen just seems like a waste, I even miss the Breda from Stalingrad because at least you could do something with it.

3 Likes

It’s better to use it as a semi auto for mid-long range, slow tapping you can get some good kills.

3 Likes

or rush buildings

1 Like

I’m not a fan of the thing taking up my screen to aim, but yeah use it like a medium range DMR and it works pretty well.

1 Like

Because it’s first LMG you’ll get in corresponding campaign.

but that doesn’t mean it has to be bad

1 Like

because it’s danish weapon

I think your opinion/issue comes from comparing it to weapons above its class. It’s not bad for what it is when I pick it up from fallen enemies; not great but adequate. I personally dislike the zb-26, all around unfavorable in my opinion and the mg15 before it is much more preferable.

it worked for me if you fully upgrade it and use it in burst.

but… not great for cqc

well this is one of those “technically heavy rifle” you get what i mean?
like the Charlton machine gun squad in Tunisia it act like lmg but it more like auto rifle

I deal with it to use the dshk

It was ok years ago…

When nobody else had better than this or mg13 (mg13 was overpowered thought, it did not have recoil, real assault rifle).

Maybe it will be ok again after the war thunder conversion.

1 Like

IRL is a great LMG that modern police force still use it somehow lmao