US Independence Day

so superior to the 1919A6 in every way

im pretty sure the anm2 has the highest ammo capacity for any infantry weapon in the game, beating the LAD which has 150 rounds

4 Likes

Ok, so every single document pertaining to the preservation of the Stinger says it feeds from a 100 round belt held in a modified tin ment to hold 100 round belts, the box is about half the size of the 250 round boxes found on the 1919A4s on top of Stuarts and the like, so why in the flying fuck did you guys give it 200/0. This isn’t even just a historical accuracy or immersion argument, it literally makes no sense. Since the box modeled on the side of the stinger can only hold 100 rounds, I can only assume the belt goes into the same place all the extra G41, Johnson rifle and Lee Enfield bullets go.

2 Likes

Might be not correct but here is my 2 cent the can that stinger used was M2 cans used on top of some Stuarts and they held 100 round of .50 cals hence a lot of documents might say 100 round but those can might be able to hold 200 or more than 200 .30cal so that’s my theory why devs gave them 200 rounds like I said I might be wrong but its best theory

1 Like

airplane boxes were 200 rounds, while marine ones were 100 round. so 200 boxes existed, just that they werent used for infantry AFAIK.

Well here is the thing, US ammo tins of 30-06 belts came in 2 flavours, 100 rounds or 250 rounds. 100 rounds was the one they sent the lighter infantry with, while the 250 round belts were held back for more defensive positions or given to vehicles, similar to how the germans issued their 50 and 250 round belts respectively. It is very unlikely the 28th Marine Regiment could have sourced a 250 round ammo box to begin with, and even if they did it would have probably made the gun far too heavy on one side to properly use in the way the Stinger was employed on Iwo Jima

Airplane boxes typically went well past 200 rounds though, even on tail gunners like on the SBD and SB2C

1 Like

Nice info I guess they used just 200 round box from planes

Ready to bet it won’t be tech tree IF it ever comes :laughing:

In this very thread there’s boos not maining axis who are even hoping axis won’t get it, or should be limited to event.

In any case, I predict the trend will be allies for a while, with current Soviets. Because axis is being deserted.

2 Likes

Oh yeah no Axis may as well be dead right now. It’s sad really. I want a fight, not a steamroll

1 Like

there are some resistance in br5 but it like 2/5 match

1 Like

lower BR are much healthier… but BR5 is totally shit… just tried to play BR5 axis today and just steamroll after steamroll. you are either with team full of noobs vs veterans, or against death stacks.

3 Likes

It’s ONE of the reasons I main br1 at the moment. Not even br2, pure br 1. With any faction.

At that br even newcomers are useful as they’re as well equipped as anyone else. A bit better balanced too.

Sometimes you see some min/max br2 seal clubber with a pz3N or full pps42 lineups… but they aren’t many.

i didnt say it was “good” i said it was 2/5 which is pretty bad

and now it 2/6 so 1/3 and that is bad

Man at this point I dont care just a small event for Axis I cant remmeber small event for Axis (Not Japan but European Axis) Maybe older pistols that were given during twitch drops like engraved Lugars or gold C96s for reward but I wouldnt say no to MG42 with 250 round but a little bit different than normal ones maybe shorter barrel with lighter bolt IIRC there was one MG 42 prototype with short barrel but it was the only one Or better yet MG 42 with suppressor and again IIRC that Ian said in his video about L26 suppressor that these were meant to suppress every weapon with 8mm Mauser caliber and 200 MG42’s were pushed out and used

they could just give the nickel browning from twitch drop for small event

1 Like

The history behind the M2 is very interesting, i will definitely not miss this beauty i wonder how fast it can fire, but since its actually ripped out of a plane its probably very high, only 6 of them were ever converted.

Yeah I did mention it heck I wouldnt mind a decal or maybe a tank or plane skin

well personally idk about the engraved one i feel kinda eh but cool as for gold C96 that russian not axis but sure they could get them too i guess

oh i forgot there used to be gold barretta pistol from twitch drop which i do not have but they could get that too

1 Like