The Melting Steel of Normandy

A picturesque seashore, vineyards, stone churches and pastoral calm - those are usually words first-time visitors use to describe Normandy. Those, of course, who managed to survive fighting there to tell the stories. But France is also a country with a rich industrial history! And you will be able to see it for yourself in the upcoming update.

Inspired by industrial complexes of the French North we have created a new location for those who enjoyed fighting in the Stalingrad Tractor Factory or Volokolamsk Forestry. Now meet the Steel Plant!

You’ll have to control large plant territory rich in covers and unexpected paths to flank the enemy. When you enter various workshops you’ll have to worry about multi-level machinery and narrow passages and companionways in between. So, your storm troopers will have to brush some dust off the rules to control angles of fire.

You’ll face boiler and turbine workshops and the transformer zone of the powerplant, two large cooling towers for industrial water, foundry and rolling workshops. And the tallest structure looming above all - the complex open blast furnace. Its upper levels are perfect sniper and machine gunner nest locations.

Various gas, water and steam pipelines as well as local railways run throughout the plant. And when entering territory you’ll be able to capture a nice-looking railway station or capital railway bridge.

The heavy metal atmosphere of the industrial site is enriched with new sound and visual effects, and the forestry at the borders have nice autumn shades.

50 Likes

terminator-thumbs-up

17 Likes

From description sounds a bit cqb heavy but pictures look nice.

Another map where tanks are limited like the Tractor Factory but in Normandy. Looks like an STG playground there.

2 Likes

Quality map as always.
I hope it’s not too dark inside furnace. The muzzle flash might burn my eyes again.

4 Likes

What a good looking map.

If comes as half as good to play as tractor factory, I will Def be more than happy.

I look foward to play it.

3 Likes

Looks nice, not just graphically but also feels like it was designed with close, mid and long range encounters just like Tractor Factory

1 Like

Looks cool but need to wait how it will play.

Finally some goood roof spots on Normandy

1 Like

sounds sexy!

1 Like

Reminds me of a map I liked from Heroes and Generals…and paratroopers…One happy camper.

3 Likes

looks fancy

1 Like

this is awesome but also pls paris map one day

I think thats a game engine problem

Oh yeah. Looks like factory now that you talk about it…

Oh course you’ve eliminated gray zone camping on this map, right ?

I DOUBT about it

Can I ride this tractor?

6 Likes

Paratroopers are coming… new nice factory map is coming…

I dare you to paradrop on the chimney top and snipe from there :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I am going to relive EVERY heroes and generals shenanigan with my paras :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like