Looks fake tbh

Springfield Armory Museum - Collection Record,
indeed not fake

3 Likes

.30 carbine is not a caliber I would consider for an Assault Rifle

It is, in fact, an intermediate rifle cartridge

It looks weird so I must have it.

4 Likes

I agree with Joe, I don’t know how I feel about it. I demand exactly 62 of those!

not really.

1 Like

Unless you want to argue that it’s a pistol cartridge, which practically no one in their right mind would, it is an intermediate rifle cartridge. Meaning select fire guns using this cartridge are assault rifles.
The definition is literally that it’s not a pistol cartridge, nor a full powered rifle cartridge.
(Then you have PDW cartridges which are pistol cartridges with rifle-ish rounds, typically very necked down)

you folks aren’t the first to have an argument about this.

7.62 x 33 is pretty much either a massive pistol round, or a very small intermediate rifle round.

that being said, considering that the M2 Carbine already is a Trooper weapon, there is no point in claiming that this weapon shouldn’t be considered as such as well.

ironicly just few years ago it was even stated in article you provided that .30 carbine does not meet the requirements.

And probably because of this reason, because “Meh muh murrica assault rifle yadayadayada no inferior to germans”

Except its around same ball park as .357 magnum.
And by far less powerful than some intermediate cartridges such as 7.92x33.

Which is pretty much exact role the entire carbine was intented to. Regardless such abbreviation as PDW for example didnt exist back then.

The US infantryman in enlisted needs a variant of AR that can compete with Germany. I dont care if it was a damn blue print. The US infantryman in enlisted is wholly undergunned in fights at top tier with Germany. I will say i love my STG, wonderful wonderful squad wiper that lets you move quickly, amazing at medium and even long range. The only weapon system you could even try to compare to is the thompson 30. Which is an event weapon.

ok and?

Are you talking to someone else? If you’re hearing voices you should get that checked out.

No it isn’t?
.30 Carbine: 1,311 J
.357 Magnum: 790 J (60% of the power of the .30 Carbine)
7.92x33 Kurz: 1,886 J (144% of the power of .30 Carbine)

It’s very close to being exactly in the middle.

.30 Carbine is actually comparable to 5.45x39 at 1,328 J. Or is that not an intermediate cartridge now?

No, that is patently false:
“Developed during the 1980s, the “Personal Defense Weapon” (PDW) concept was created in response to a NATO request as a replacement for 9×19mm Parabellum submachine guns. The PDW is a compact automatic weapon that can defeat enemy body armor and which can be used conveniently by non-combatant and support troops, as well as a close quarters battle weapon for special forces and counter-terrorist groups.”

It really doesn’t make any sense either since the carbine is only 20cm shorter than the Garand. And only 4cm shorter than the STG-44 and the AK-74.

This debate is pointless.

Its an “intermediate” intermediate cartridge.

No it isn’t, he’s just wrong. It’s a weak intermediate rifle cartridge, with about the same power as 5.45x39mm.

power isn’t the only thing that matters.

Except that’s literally how you determine the “intermediate” status of a rifle cartridge…

go figure

quite simple explanation.

Another comparison is a .357 cartridge fired from an 18" rifle barrel, which has a muzzle velocity range from about 1,718–2,092 ft/s (524–638 m/s) with energies at 720–1,215 ft⋅lbf (976–1,647 J) for a 110 gr (7.1 g) bullet at the low end and a 125 gr (8.1 g) bullet on the high end.

no again.

not exactly sure what you are after here, are you implying ww2 ended 1980 or what ?

Additionally, Germany’s use of glider-borne and paratrooper forces to launch surprise blitzkrieg attacks behind the front lines generated a request for a new compact infantry weapon to equip support troops.
^Pay attention to support troops part.

That 20cm makes quite big differency when your driving truck, tank, be in a plane or what ever role.