Sten MK V to Tech tree BR III

This may end up lost in a sea of posts, so I resubmitted within the suggestions this time. I present the next tech tree weapon, Sten MK V. The perfect spot for it to sit would be in BR III.
With this there would be a proper BR III SMG with a higher muzzle velocity than the 265 of the Thompsons.

First developed in 1944 in February. Also capable of having a bayonet, the Japanese have bayonets on a large amount of their SMGs and the Soviets have a Event and Premium squad with SMG classed weapons so this would make sense to add for the allies.

This is just a mock-up of what the stats could look like. Fully upgraded with non upgraded in parentheses.

Max upgraded stats:
Damage 6.9 (5.8)
370 Muzzle velocity
605 ROF (550)
Reload 2.1 (2.3)
Vertical 25 (28)
Horizontal 10 (11)
Feed: 50 round
Weight: 3.2
Cartridge mass: 12.7
Firing mode: auto, semi

This weapon is capable of utilizing lanchester 50 round magazines, But could also be compatible with a 32 round sten magazine of previous models.

29 Likes

I’m not going to lie. That’s a nice looking gun.

6 Likes

why BR3 though?

I’d maybe make it a BR2 SMG. At BR3 it’s just going to get shoved into BR5 matches at times.

4 Likes

if it 32 round br2 if 50 br3 deal?

9 Likes

I would still choose the 50 round Thompson at level 5 though. :blush:

1 Like

If the Lanchester is in BR2, this one belongs there too.

1 Like

I believe it should not be research tree. It should be a British Paratrooper squad

3 Likes

if it TT then you can get a switchable para for allies obviously

actually if it like russian para event then that could work

1 Like

BR III because of the 50 round magazine. On top of that it helps bring British equipment a little higher up the tree. Yes, I do believe every weapon in the game should be able to be placed on paratroopers from early war bolt actions and SMGs to assault rifles. Just like it is with the Soviet paratroopers.

There’s absolutely zero reason to let weapons switching paratroopers exist exclusively for the Soviets. There’s plenty of equipment they can use to create more squads for them. There’s more than enough equipment to create a minimum of four paratrooper squads per faction.

And you may get into BR V matches with this at BR III but that’s a lot less likely, the soft rule seems to be working quite well. So at most you would be fighting BR IV and minimum BR II. You might have those rare uptier games, But those are usually few and far between now.

1 Like

The problem with that is there is no current paratrooper Allied squad that you can change weapons. The current one is married to the Thompson. If the DEV’s would change the current paratrooper level 5 squad to be able to change weapons, then you could add it, unless they would make a British paratrooper premium squad.

I support this idea, thanks for posting.

We need more Allied SMGs (preferably not just Thompsons).

Id happily see this at BR III.

Also hopefully we get a M1928 Thompson with front grip and round magazine (i.e 1920s gangster gun)

That way when you’re in a building and there’s an enemy you can say
“Who is it?!”
“Es ist Hans.”
“Thatah fact.”
“I’m gonna give ya to tha count of ten, to get ya lazy, no good, Nazi as off my prop-erty, before I pump ya guts fulla lead!”
“One, two, ten!” Ah ha ha ha! Ha ha ha!
Keep the casings, ya filthy animal!"

2 Likes

@MajorMcDonalds

Any way we can get this added as a tech tree unlock? I feel like this would be perfect for the Allies Tech tree, with revised and reworked stats to keep it balanced.

3 Likes

it makes more sense in BR2. It’d be the equivalent of the MP3008

3 Likes

Earlier Sten models, yes. But this one having a grip, bayonet, 50 round magazine, and overall better construction makes a little more sense to place it at BR III. To add to this the MP 3008 already has its counter which is the lanchester, which is already at BR II.

Sten already shoots faster than MP40 - its only a BR1 gun because it deals less damage and doesn’t kill in two shots - even tho both use 9mm.

Dispersion buff and damage adjustments to MP40 levels could put a high quality sten easily into BR3

1 Like

I can not say never, but equally the developers have their own plans for new content (weapons, vehicles, etc), some of which will be in upcoming major updates. :slight_smile:

7 Likes