Steel Heroes

The developers are taking a long time to add those, and for free

1 Like

154 days to put 4 decals and counting

1 Like

Yez, italian decals need to go on Italian tanks.

Why not?
Italian lineup requires strictly Italian tanks.

1 Like

you cant even put the italian decal on german tank i tried yesterday

I have the italian BRII Para unit - it is one of my favorites.
I love italian firearms (Carcano Mod38 with or without scope, Breda PG (Carcano and CR), all Beretta M38 variants and Beretta M1). Italian firearms are a big part of my axis BRII setup, next to the MP40s and Mannlicher M1895s.

But sorry, the tanks are just rubbish.

1 Like

Yes, this makes sense.

Italian decals go on Italian tanks.

The Germans needed 105 mm and 128 mm tank guns and artillery :thinking:

Japan edition:

As far as tank models go, I’ve only seen Ch-Ha so far, and ironically Japan’s most mass-produced tank of WW2 is Premium only in Enlisted :clown_face: (embarassment)

From WT forums:

(2nd Company, 34th Tank Regiment)
[37509892854_5e1fbe74ed_c.jpg

Regarding the Italian emblem I can’t find anything beyond some basic info

Maybe this emblem wasn’t used in WW2 at all?

Wouldn’t be the first time:

1 Like

Got that ma man xD
Unbenannt.PNG

2 Likes

The “I shall eat poop so that my neighbor dislikes the smell” logic is solid :wink:

1 Like

I got two Italian PDFs regarding this topic:

L’ULTIMA CARICA DEL REGGIMENTO “LANCIERI DI NOVARA E LA SUA SPEDIZIONE DI RUSSIA.pdf (arsmilitaris.org)

Le operazioni del III Gruppo Corazzato “Novara” in Africa Settentrionale (modellismopiu.net)

Logically speaking it should not be considered that there was a subordinate relationship between the III Gruppo Corazzato “Novara” who used tanks in Africa, and the Reggimento “Lancieri di Novara” 5° who were cavalry in Eastern front, as the former went to Africa in June 1942 and was assigned to Divisione Corazzata Littorio (aka 133rd Armored Division), fighting until May 1943; while the latter didn’t return to Italy until March 1943 (so the former cannot be formed by members of original unit), and has no further participation in the war (which means they never fought in the same front).

Regardless of the relationship, this decal clearly could have a more accurate name. (And yeah, we don’t have L6/40 in Enlisted.)

Good discovery, this is indeed a strange thing. Because many historical photos about L6/40 tanks related to this unit have not shown this emblem at all, but used a more complex (and common) eagle. Maybe it was actually belong to other African units.

36630343135_00a462ca01_c

(Check the second PDF, this image is for preview.)

4 Likes

Wrong!

At br1, ppl overlook it because it is in a folder under pz2, but the best axis tank… is the Italian one (not the AB).

The m13/40.

Also, Semonvente is also br1. At br1, the thing’s canon slaps, and it’s armour tank (pun intended) very well.

1 Like

Shouldn’t it be M14/41? Since M13/40 was Premium in Enlisted (and little worse).

QQ图片20240722224132

Do pure BR I battles really exist in Enlisted? I have never experienced one after the merge. I have almost never seen the M14/41, while the 75/32 M41 is more common (it’s a mandatory development in TT after all), but most of the time it is just cannon fodder against T-28E in BR I-III battles.

Must be referring to the position of the ammunition rack, not that 50mm vertical armor can really effectively resist enemy tank guns.

1 Like

Not really, the Panzer 3J that is also on br1 is better than it .

1 Like

Forgot about that thing… but I prefer tiny Italian one. 3J turret is too slow for me :thinking:

You’re correct, all those “m” and numbers… I confounded both :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The American decal doesn’t seem to have been used in WW2 either?

Whereas the vehicles of the 747th tank batallion seem to have included Shermans and M10s

1 Like

This may sound a bit tongue twisters. The more official and accurate definition of the “coat of arms” showed in this image, is “distinct unit insignia (DUI)”, rather than being described as an emblem or decal; while the so-called DUI is defined as “a metallic heraldic badge or device worn by soldiers in the US Army”.

… so yes, logically speaking this decal should never be painted on any tanks.

747th Tank Battalion (United States) (wikipedia.org)

Distinctive unit insignia (wikipedia.org)

For War Thunder the decals are clearly more decorative and entertaining, it doesn’t matter whether the decals have really been painted (since WT didn’t have a user or period limitation, and there are even completely fictional ones to use). But when they moved to Enlisted, things changed due to the promotion and self-definition of the game - even only in this event, we already have a facetious “the received decal for Germany can only be used on Italian vehicles” that suggests authenticity.

Anyway, the Wikipedia mentioned 105mm Sherman, normal Sherman, and Sturat in Organization part (but no M10, since this is not a tank destroyer unit?).

3 Likes

:upside_down_face:

7 Likes

so clean :sparkles:

3 Likes

The Artem T-34 tank No. L2-KS was from the 83rd separate tank battalion of the 47th Tank Brigade of the 4th Tank Corps.