# Snipery 1896 Mauser Broomhandle Carbine

Snipery 1896 Mauser Broomhandle Carbine

buffalowinter

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed

Minuteman

Picked up this 1896 Mauser Carbine in .30 Mauser…

M1896 Kavallerie Karabiner

One of the experimental ideas was the creation of a pistol-carbine for use by light cavalry. They had “slab-sided” receivers, standard 10-round magazines, permanently affixed wooden stocks and forends, and lengthened 300 millimetres (12 in) (early production) or 370 millimeters (15 in) (late production) barrels. They were dropped from production after 1899 due to poor sales and little military interest. There was limited sporting interest in the carbine version and, due to small production numbers, it is a highly prized collectable priced at about twice the value of the pistol version. Recently, importers like Navy Arms imported replica Mauser carbines with 16-inch or longer barrels for sale in the US.​

I decided to put a period ZF43 scope on it to enable me to see what I’m shooting at. I had to make a custom mount for the scope and also remove a rubber recoil pad and replace it with something correct. I made a presentation case for it out of Walnut.

DSCF0475.JPG

DSCF0478.JPG

DSCF0473.JPG

DSCF0472.JPG

DSCF0471.JPG

DSCF0470.JPG

DSCF0465.JPG

DSCF0464.JPG

5 Likes

In game, this would basically be a German M1 carbine. Why not? A fun low tier oddity.