Rifleman Buff

I hope it can be used to destroy tanks or fire special ammunition
Large-area white phosphorus bombs or smoke bombs?
This would make the mortar squad more useful

1 Like

I’d like some WP tank rounds

Let me know how it works out for you guys.

This is one of the reasons that I get so frustrated with people asking for so many buffs and such for infantry. The options for higher survival options are there, players just have to sacrifice some of their other stuff for it.

So I tried this out today on a Rifle Squad. Six riflemen, an engineer, one AT and a machine gunner. I couldn’t quite bring myself to swap the 35% vitality or the reduced recoil but all the rifles got improved medpack use and some ‘reduced knockdown’ and the large backpack with four med kits.

All my games were BR2 in Stalingrad with its weird open spaces.

On offence I hung back with the MG and sent everyone else forward to cap. A couple of times it was a wipeout but usually I got three or four of guys into the objective. I need to practice switching from the MG to the Zombies at the right time but they are definitely more resilient and a few times I saw them fall and quickly heal and carry on.

On defence I noticed the weight of numbers. It’s quite a subtle thing but it felt like we didn’t get overrun so quickly. I also equipped with AP mines and tried to cycle through the squad to get them all placed. Again, I need more practice with this because I got disoriented by switching so quickly and ended up dropping them instead of actually placing them. Nine AP mines are quite a lot!

Summary

Definitely worth trying. It’s subtle, but on offence it could be the difference between getting one man on the objective or all dying outside. On defence it works just because of the numbers.

I’m tempted to build another two squads like this and try cycling them in defence with the squad in the cap and the MG outside mowing down the attackers.

It’d be cool to see

Trust me, it makes them FAR more effective to switch this part out. I know at first it may seem odd, but I can assure you 100% you will feel a substantial difference.

The thing is, if you are using the vitality perk, you get 35% extra health, which might save you once.
HOWEVER, if you use the maxed out medkit perk, you are looking at up to 300% or so more health, perhaps not in one massive chunk, but even if you get taken down to critical health you can grab cover for literally 2 seconds, heal, and be back at full health.
You can get knocked, and when you pick yourself up, rather than being at 25% or so health, you are back at full.

Make sure to fully max out the chance to get knocked down perk on riflemen. Its up to you if you do it on your other guys too or not, but the riflemen really need it. After all, they are what makes up the “horde” part of the zombie build.

When using them as a mine squad, especially on defense, I urge you to spawn where you think the next objective will go and then mine various sectors in front of that location. Don’t necessarily minefield just the front entrance, after all, grenades, molotovs, shells, etc can all cause them to detonate. Placing them on flanks instead will actually help to hold them off a lot more.

Additionally, contrary to what a lot of meta players do, which is putting them just behind corners, place them where they have a bit more space around them. This way, its more likely to take more than just one enemy out per mine.

Using them for AT mines is not bad either. I use 2 squads of riflemen to do this (plus an APC squad) on Japanese. Why?
Because otherwise trying to fight tanks that are otherwise just sitting in the greyzones is beyond infuriating. Take the time, mine the roads, roadsides, anywhere the tanks are likely to get a vantage point in the greyzone, and you can counter them by simply planning ahead rather than trying a reactionary method.

Also don’t forget, their are control options that let you give individual orders to soldiers.
So if you order them each to a unique position around the area, rather than just on the objective itself as a group, they are a lot more likely to survive a grenade.

Once you get the hang of it, you can usually do it in a matter of seconds, significantly increasing their effectiveness even further!!!

1 Like

From how I understand the perk: you only need one level to get the maximum chance to get knocked down, the rest of the levels only increase the amount of time you have to heal once you’re down. You can save those points for recoil or dispersion reduction.

Swapping out the vitality perk is critical to making the build work I agree. Add a medic to the squad for even more synergy

This is something I need to start doing more. I always forget that I have AT Mines on a couple dudes, and of course they are entirely worthless if you never place them

So unfortunately there isn’t a way to do this on console that I’m aware of. However, I would believe setting them on objective and ordering a wide formation may do the trick “good enough”

Yes give me that buff

1 Like

I play on console and am able to do it. Tomorrow I’ll drop a note on how to set it up.

That’s what I thought originally, but through testing it quite a bit I’ve come to the conclusion that is NOT the case.

Higher levels of it definitely seem to increase the likelihood that they are knocked rather than outright killed.

@Euthymia07 any chance you could shed some light on this perk for us?

No it’s an increase in percent with each level

As far as i know it gives the full benefit with just 2 points, but i don’t have the code for the perk

What’s the other points for then?

Ok - I’ll do it. It does feel weird, I must have “re-rolled” perks pre-merge hundreds of times to get the vitality, but I will do it. Even though I deeply resent having to “pay” to do it! :wink:

I’ll do this too. The consensus seems to be that additional levels of perk do have an additional effect.

That would be great! I’m on console too and I’ve never worked out how to set individual orders. Do I need to re-map commands?

This is me too! I must have placed AT mines, uhm - twice? And one of those was by mistake.

In other news…

I played a couple more BR2 German games in Moscow and managed to get my buffed rifle squad into two consecutive CPs. There were other squads capping too, but eight additional bodies really make a difference in capture time. And I saw them take hits and heal.

From our conversation 2 months ago:

Here’s the full math:
Down Chance Calc (no perk)

on_event=EventOnDownedThreshold –when HP hits <=0

let chance = hitpoints__downedKillChanceBase + hpProportion * hitpoints__downedKillChanceMult

let hpProportion = hitpoints__hp / hitpoints__deathHpThreshold

if dice < chance
hitpoints__hp = hitpoints__deathHpThreshold

hitpoints__downedKillChanceBase = 0.2
hitpoints__downedKillChanceMult = 0.5
hitpoints = 10 (or 13.5)
hitpoints__deathHpThreshold = -10

chance = 0.2 + (0/-10) * 0.5 = 0.2
chance = 0.2 + (-1/-10) * 0.5 = 0.25
chance = 0.2 + (-5/-10) * 0.5 = 0.45
chance = 0.2 + (-9/-10) * 0.5 = 0.65

Downed Chance Perk changes the following:

hitpoints__downedKillChanceBase = 0.2 - > 0.1
hitpoints__downedKillChanceMult = 0.5
hitpoints = 10 (or 13.5)
hitpoints__deathHpThreshold = -10 → -15

thus:
chance = 0.1 + (0/-15) * 0.5 = 0.1
chance = 0.1 + (-1/-15) * 0.5 = 0.133_
chance = 0.1 + (-5/-15) * 0.5 = 0.266_
chance = 0.1 + (-9/-15) * 0.5 = 0.4

@guardianreaper0

2 Likes

….aight so anyone wanna turn that into english?

1 Like

Yes! (sorry I wasn’t on for a bit, I meant to get back to you sooner.)

As a console player I HIGHLY recommend remapping you controls. I’d say over half the commands I’ve remapped. It makes a big difference.

There is an option on the squad controls page i believe for it. I don’t have access to the game at the moment so idk what the exact name of it is, but it shouldn’t be hard to find.

Yup!

Also keep in mind that the higher tier riflemen (Rifleman 3 I think) has an additional base perk for heal speed. Which combined with the perk setup I suggested makes them get back up almost instantly.

I’ll have look. I tried re-mapping just once in an attempt to make it easier to look out of the cockpit when flying, but it made it worse so I gave up! Time for another try.

Yup - I noticed that when I swapped out some Tier 2 rifles for max-score Tier 3’s.

Had an epic Moscow defence today where my team (Axis) were down to the last two CPs and the Allies still had 980 tickets. I only had one buffed rifle squad but there were several intense AP mine laying sessions and the rifle squad stayed alive in the CP significantly longer than the MG or assault squads. We wore them down and won! I used 12 squads in total and scored approx 5000 points - which is a very good result for me!

This is definitely working.

Yup. The options for alternative builds are there. Players just need to make use of them.
Just because something doesn’t have maxed out weapon handling and all the other meta perks doesn’t mean that it is worthless, and in this specific case (riflemen needing a supposed buff) its a matter of players only focusing on meta builds, and assuming they need a buff because the meta builds are not as strong on them.

This is the case for a lot of different things, not just riflemen. If you’d like to learn some other alternate builds, hit me up.