Removing Rust from Cars

The game’s map is filled with rusted and battered cars and trains. I agree that they work very well to represent the battlefield. However, I also believe that too many of them on the map would make the scenery in the game look unnatural.

These sometimes look like abandoned ruins after the war. This is partly because there are no people at all, but I think the main reason is that the vehicles are covered with rust.

Did anyone else have the same thought? I’m afraid because I may have mostly just talked about my personal preferences.

6 Likes

i did, i would remove the cars alltogheter tho

1 Like

agree.

especially i hate to see the opel blitz with rust

it’s literally an active war time vehicle:

i’m fine with the dirt, but not the rust.

those vehicles weren’t left for 50 years and then used…

4 Likes

When the steel mill map was announced and I noticed no broken windows there, I hoped the developers had made the trucks clean. But…

1 Like

Could say thats arguably only historically correct fact since the opel is known for rusting feature even today.

yes, but actually no.

not during war time period.

only a handfull if we have to be generous.

not 100% all of them.

Rust can visibly form on unprotected steel in days or weeks depending on the conditions, so it’s not crazy to have rust on vehicles that aren’t being actively maintained. Having said that, it would be nice to have some cleaner examples mixed in.

2 Likes