Remove or adjust kamikaze penalty

It does not seem to work as advertised. Took damage from an enemy bomb, critical damage, eventually bailed, penalized. Got lit up by an opposing P-51D, forced to bail, still penalized.

In theory it was a decent idea but not in practice. Or it is just currently busted which seems to be the case having read comments from other forum users. But even so, non kamikaze pilots are probably penalized more than those that would do so.

It just does not work. Try again, please.

7 Likes

Sounds like “bailing” is defining it as kamakaz regardless of damage ?? :thinking: (might explain Paratroopers counting as kamazkazi too? again only stuff Ive read not witnessed)

I dont bail, (i dont see the point) So I havent had this…But in other aspects it worked as expected.

5 Likes

Yeah that may be the issue. Guess I need to start going down with the bird. Death before dismount!

Only thing I do know is that it is busted. It is certainly not game breaking in its present state but it would be nice if it was reverted till fixed or rethought.

1 Like

Now with the implementation of this system we have to sacrifice one of infantry squad as a transit squad to swicth to next plane. So now piloting penalize new player with premium who want to learn how to fly

2 Likes

Exactly. Something that was meant to punish the few, punishes the many.

Well thats generally how it happens

The few are why we cant have nice things

1 Like

Cuz it’s funny when you get nega-gaijined and pilot survives jumping out 5m above ground

1 Like

Indeed. It’s a truth that governs the real world as well as the digital.

1 Like

It’s always cool when that happens. It’s also nice when you get “the best pilot after parachuting”

If you can avoid punishment by parachuting, that would solve the problem.Because players who choose skydiving are absolutely unlikely to carry out suicide attacks.

2 Likes

hehe Im sure it is. I just prefer to move on to the next things (cos the plane was what I wanted and is now broken).

Doesnt always work out though…sometimes I survive the crash lol

I once survived jumping out of a plane without a parachute twice in the same match. Funny.

1 Like

Well okay - seems Kamikaze penalty is indeed broken, I wonder how this can be when the game kill feed gets it right hu?
I mean someone got the kill for your vehicle or not?

1 Like

I think if we could understand exactly what the so called “anti-kamikaze” penalty is trying to achieve then we could better critique its implementation.

I saw one person say that it is to stop plane “spam” but without having a clear definition of what it means to “spam” planes that doesn’t really help much.

I just think it’s wrong to penalize pilots for crashing during dogfights, which happens to me quite often, mostly because WWII planes are not designed to dogfight at altitudes below 10,000ft. With many of the planes available to use in Enlisted 15,000 to 20,000ft would be considered a low altitude and yet, if we’re lucky to not have to take off from a carrier first, we start below 1,000ft. An altitude too low for many of the aircraft we have available to recover from numerous common maneuvers.

By moving aircraft spawns to a more realistic altitude you increase the time it takes to get from spawn to objective by default simply by increasing the distance. Then players can’t just spawn plane, immediately kamikaze, spawn another plane, immediately kamikaze because they’re forced to take 30-40 seconds flying down there after flying over to the objective.

Idc what happens with it, but crashes certainly happen, don’t punish people for learning on an already unfriendly playground.

1 Like

Guys, it’s a bit bugged but it’s known. I think they work on it.

Like using paratroopers count as automatic kamikaze for reasons.

2 Likes

Guess we will see what happens. Even if fixed to work as intended, it’s clear now that this is a poor solution as it cannot differentiate between a trying pilot or a suicidal one. Though well intentioned, this remedy needs to be reevaluated.

1 Like