Reinforcements received: Normandy paratroopers

Yes Yes!! I want that too.

2 Likes

Sir Sean Connery from a bridge too far?

2 Likes

I have never seen that movie (even though I saw it many times as a kid at the local video rental store), but I am convinced it is the one.
And it looks like Captain Price behind Sean Connery.
ダウンロード

3 Likes

It most likely is.

The old CoD games, back when they were good games, were made with good old movies as inspiration.

• The guns of Navarone
  • A bridge too far (the movie we talk about)
  • The great escape
  • The Dam Busters
  • Enemy at the gates…

ALL of those movies, you can play scenerios of, in the old CoD and CoD2

CoD didn’t really claim to be historically accurate back then, it claimed with all honesty to offer a great realistic cinematic experience :slight_smile:

Good old days.

7 Likes

The last time I felt like good old CoD was in Infinite Warfare.

Yes, Sean Connery and Anthony Hopkins, two of my favorite actors, starred in the movie A Bridge Too Far.

2 Likes

b9fa45f76a4b434cbf807d356eaaf82e

If the British army could change their custom appearance clothing, I would definitely change the first soldier of each squad to look like Captain Price, as a squad captain and lieutenant level officer.

3 Likes

I’d create Sir Christopher Lee. Probably one of the most accomplished Man that ever was.

I’d add my personal favourite hero from where I live Leo Major as well if general commonwealth.

3 Likes

The prototype of James Bond,has played classic characters such as Saruman, the Golden Gun, and Count Dooku, and I really like him and respect him very much.
A true legendary figure.

1 Like

Ed Harris of Enemy at the Gates was a very cool villain.
e0039835_13515661

5 Likes

Only half of it.

He WAS James Bond. His cousin, Ian Fleming, created his character using Lee as inspiration.

Lee was a member of SAS commandos, and went nazi hunting/assassination post war. But before that, he helped the Finns in 1939 winter war.

He was also royalty, direct line of Charlemagne the Great, no less.

He also created his own metal band (!) Because why not.

2 Likes

There are many world-class actors in the UK, but Lee is a true legend.

1 Like

Dont forget carentan map on cod 1 / cod2 etc from “band of brothers” series

2 Likes

UK expeditionary forces (as lee even sayed) never ecounter a russian in the two week they stay in finland

Lee joined the RAF inteligence and was a member of the LRDG, he was an officer not a SAS commando, he admit in his biografy that the live of soldier dont was for him but because he want help in the war he decide to use the brain, lee passed most of the time in cordinate arial bombing and interception and only some week with the LRDG in a sabotage operation

Only wen he joined for a bit the gurka (8th indian infantry division) a monte cassino he see the action but was even here for some week after he return to the intelligence job

Before become an ambassador/actor, helped in his the last job for the military inteligence in analize and find Nazi officier escaped with fake document, but he never go to kill/arrest them

Joe… i understand you like him, i like him too, but dont exagerate or otherwise:

“cristhoper lee boxed with hitler on a nuke lunched to Washington from the nazi ubercarrier”

1. Fallschirmjäger-Division was under Luftwaffe not Wehrmacht, but why are they wearing Wehrmacht tunics underneath with Wehrmacht belt buckles :thinking:
1 Like

You don’t know that he didn’t hunt nazis. He swore secrecy to the Crown and was honour bound to never disclose exactly what he did.

• Sir Christopher Lee:
    “[on doing Military Intelligence in World War II] When people say to me, you know, were you in this? Were you in that? Did you work in this? Did you work in that? I always used to say “Can you keep a secret?”. And they would say “Yes, yes” and I would say “So can I”.”

But hints point in that direction. There’s also the famous discussion he had with Peter Jackson where he explained in detail how someone stabbed in the back was supposed to behave… thanks to live experience he again refused to tell in detail.

2 Likes

why do they even think its oblatory? Just dont play ? or buy it at the last day of the event?

Vickers should have a huge weight penalty.

It looks like a very heavy boy and from different sources I found out that it’s mass was 29.5 lb (13.4 kg).

When I tried it in editor it feels way to light compared to an MG-34 for example.
And looking at the stat card it only weighs 9.5 kg - way to low in other words.

Vickers

mg34

2 Likes

16 days with 10.000 Points each day to reach main objects was a long grinding but OK.
18 days with 12.000 Points each day to reach main objects is NOT OK
Whats next?
20 days with 15.000 Points each day and so on??
Dear Dev. i have also a social life with family and friends! STOP this nonstop event thing.
Make things normal researchable …

1 Like

Premium

jk (kind of but not really)