PPS-42 and PPS-43 are undertiered. MP 40s are overtiered

In general, soviet SMGs are undertiered, based on their performance characteristics.

What is remotely comparable are the tier 4 axis SMGs.

Make your inferences as you will.

20 Likes

soviets dont really have bad smgs. Even the ppd 34 box is good

2 Likes

Yeah, they should rebelance stats of certain soviet smgs.

1 Like

Indeed they are.

They’re the only faction with no shit SMGs.

Their gear is overtuned, with minimal drawbacks. And it isn’t limited to SMGs, either.

3 Likes

As long as mp40s and all the side grade smgs are put in same br im ok…

Currently there are german ones in br 4 that are no better than the pps42/43

4 Likes

I’m all for just raising the BR of soviet SMGs, or lowering the aforementioned axis smgs.

Either are fine.

Whatever the case is, it’s clear that when they set these weapon BRs, they are arbitrary, and not dependent on the weapon’s actual performance.

4 Likes

Germany has plenty of decent BR 1 and 2 SMGs, the MP-38 will be lowered to BR 2 aswell so I think the PPS smgs can stay where they are.

Uptiering the PPS would also mean the soviets would get only one tech tree BR 1-2 SMG which is not a good thing either, especially for new players.

Things such as the ZK-383 and MP-35/l should be lowered in BR.

1 Like

That is not a bad thing.

The issue is, their current performance is overtuned that they have no right to be any lower than 3.

Either adjust their stats, or raise their BR.

The matter of fact is, there are no bad unlockable soviet SMGs, whereas there are dud filler SMGs in other nations’ unlocks.

4 Likes

Or add captured and land-lease. Those trash Thompsons will cleary help out together with M50.

While the soviet equipment performance compared to others is very least questionable, I think the pps42 fits to lower tiers better than what currently they have in moscow aka PPD38/40 vs mp40 / 38.

I disagree, the beretta 20mag was absolute beast compared to ppsh41 which wastes bullets due to bigger mag.
No wasting with 20mag

“I disagree, the beretta 20mag was absolute beast compared to ppsh41 which wastes bullets due to bigger mag. No wasting with 20mag”

Your opinion is the most extremely absurd thing I have ever heard

8 Likes

When PPD-40 and PPSh drum are overtiered and they are not an assault rifles

6 Likes

As you see, a whopping 0.2 more dmg & No wasting bullets due to smaller mag.
All is fine here

1 Like

Yes it is, the PPS is the second unlock after the PPD-34, new players would have a chance to immediately face BR 5 while unlocking them.

As I mentioned the MP-38 will be BR 2, so it can stay there as its counterpart.

1 Like

Is it the fault of the new player, or the person who encoded the gun stats to be that way, along with shoving the gun into a tier more appropriate for its performance?

I refuse to overlook clear performance imbalances while using the “newbies will suffer” premise.

Either adjust the stats to make it more in-line with tier 2 weapons, or put it higher up.

Since they can see the tiers, they are willingly putting themselves at risk. This reminds me of players who rush the Tiger I in War Thunder, and end up fighting enemies they have no supporting lineup to use alongside it.

3 Likes

Sounds like a bunch of cope tbh.

Also ignoring the fact that the MP-38 will be BR 2 to counter the PPS-42 doesnt help your case.

The PPS-43 maybe could be BR 3 but it would be redundant due to the stick mag PPSh being BR 3, but again the stick mag PPSh cant go up in BR as there is a PPD-34/38 there, the BRs are too compressed to do that currently, and that goes for many other guns.

3 Likes

I’m providing rational, fact-based arguments.

Are you sure it isn’t the other way around?

2 Likes

I agree, the tier IV German SMGs are comparable to the soviet tier IIs. I think the SMGs in the current BR is pretty balanced for the US and Germany, adjusting the BR for the german SMGs would break this balance. I also agree that the BR for PPS 42 and 43 should be at least III, but currently, there isn’t a weapon to fill BR II if they move it.

Though, looking at it from an asymmetrical game balance perspective for BR I and II, the Germans have better Anti-Tank and LMGs compared to the Soviets.

2 Likes

MP 40 and PPsh41 box mag should be competitors, at BR3, and to make it fair, ppsh should get a longer reload time than the MP40s

Burst DPS, super fast empty vs consistent DPS seems fair to me.

2 Likes