Pershing

With the upcoming campaign merge, the US and its allies will have to fight tanks like the Tiger 2. Besides Japan, the US is the only country that does not have a heavy tank with a large caliber gun. The IS-2 has a 122mm gun, Tigers and Panthers have 88mm guns, while the US has a 76mm gun. However the large gun for the US is much smaller and is mounted on a much less armored vehicle compared to their German and Soviet counterparts. I would like to see the M26 Pershing added to the US tech tree for the merge. It has a 90mm gun, and good armor to allow it to skirmish with its enemies on an even playing field. I would suggest giving it M82 shot (APCBC) as it does not have an insane amount of penetration to keep it somewhat balanced.

9 Likes

I imagine the top tier tanks would go a little something like

Jumbo 76 vs Tiger 2 P vs IS-2

Pershing vs Tiger 2 H vs IS-2 mod 1944

2 Likes

Pershing.

2 Likes

Pershing, Pershing, Pershing

1 Like

If the Devs actually care about balancing the game to begin with… their “Draft” shows how awful they are “trying” it

1 Like

No Pershing would likely patch the Tiger II P, and then Super Pershing can match the Tiger II H. 76 Jumbo will probably just get shafted or be placed at the same level as the normal Pershing.

1 Like

Lol, Pershing does not penetrate tiger 2 H

At the moment this is the worst tank in the game, the penetration of the projectile is much lower than it should be in reality. First of all, comparing with war thunder

2 Likes

unless they make the super pershing a premium vehicle (which they prob will)

Hello, it is a good idea but to put this tank it is necessary which adds the Ardennes because the equipment in tree of research will be always by campaigns

In games, maybe not, but in real life, the Americans excluded B Tigers from the fight with shermans with short 76mm guns.
Because a hit without penetration also deals damage and damages crews. Moreover, the Tiger B was so poorly made compared to the original Tiger that the welds of the armor plates cracked when hit, the entire armor could crack from the hits due to the poor quality of the steel.

What about Ferdinand the Elephant. This one was indeed so powerful that only nature, crew or artillery could eliminate it.
Only 90 Ferdinands were produced and 2 defended Berlin.

What about pershing?
He was a dud like a Panther.
And why was the M26 a dud? Because they were sent to Europe for tests and there, in wartime conditions, all the factory faults of the forehead appeared.
And besides, the M36 Jackson has the same cannon as the M26.

Yeah we should get Jackson

1 Like

Jackson doesn’t really have a lot of armor though.
Would be a fun addition nonetheless.

Okay, in that case solution is pretty much straightforward lmao
KTiger-506-Captured-Big2

Btw. Pershing can easily pen tiger II to side armor. Same case as T-50 for example, there’ll not be a much vehicles that will able to pen it frontally on the same BR.

It’s enough to use super pershing, lol
It has a long barreled gun that can penetrate >200 mm of steel.

Ordinary pershing is the enemy of the panther

The T 50 has a weak gun and after reworking armor penetration, it can get more weakened zones.

They didn’t show us the BR, they showed only the ranks.

That’s exactly why Pershing has exactly the same BR as Tiger 2 (p) in WT.

Classic Pershing really isn’t on the same power level as Panther, lol.

Because he fights not only against the Germans, but also against the Soviets, the Japanese, the British, the Swedes, the French …

On our maps, enlisted? After reworking armor penetration, panther will kill jumbo head-on, tiger E will not. Therefore, the panther will pierce pershing in the same way as it currently pierces t 34 85. In turn, the game on pershing against the panther will be almost the same as playing on t 34 85 - you can only pierce it into the side and turret of the tank

No need to add Tiger II H, in reality even a Panther tank would have been superior in a direct vehicle fight to the IS 2.

IS2 unlike Panther tanks were not mainly designed to fight enemy tanks, instead they were heavy break through tanks, meaning their massive gun was used for infantry support rather than tank hunting.

It was capable of doing so, even its HE round had enough explosive to disable german tanks even without a penetration, yet properties like its long reload time hindered it ultimately to become a true counter to german vehicles.

the Pershing however should definitely be a pretty strong anti tank vehicle, basically a Panther on steroids.

1 Like

Pershing: yes please.

Also would be cool if the Jumbo could have it’s gun upgradable to the 76mm. There were about a hundred Jumbos that had field modifications with an upgrade to the 76mm gun.

3 Likes

I do believe the Pershing will be added at some point in the future. It would make too much sense balance wise. However I just don’t know exactly when. It may not even require players to shout at the devs about.

I’ve been working on this theory/conspiracy of mine that we will see a max 4 Heavy Tanks. Your starting Heavy Tank. An upgraded version Heavy Tank. A premium Heavy Tank. And some kind of Heavy Tank Destroyer.

Only time will tell I guess…

2 Likes