New squad class: Medic

OMG, evil german grin
I just realized that medic’s will be able to use the MP43/1!

1 Like

images

12 Likes

@1942786 how they mix with the assaulters since they should unlock the same weapons, and how many medics the squad contains?

1 Like

So the Medical Kit is in an equipment slot or backpack slot?

These details are still in development. But we are thinking of allowing you to add a Medic to any squad.

2 Likes

Fair enough

1 Like

It will definitely happen.

5 Likes

Dove is the wrong word, seagull was the word you looking for:

Soldiers trying to get to the first aid box, Stalingrad circa 1942 colorized

7 Likes

Not to be a party pooper, but I’m kinda unimpressed.

As pointed out in multiple discussions already, a medic class is pretty much redundant in this game since soldiers are extremely disposable with very little repercussions.

Also, the new class being exclusive of Stalingrad the “mysterious new campaign” can’t but look like a sort of gimmick to attract players, since otherwise it’s basically going to be yet another Ostfront campaign with yet again the same early war equipment.

8 Likes

Clip2net_220305172513

16 Likes

leeetss GOOOOOOOOO. Good job forum mates, you got the word out and the devs delivered

I mean, thats just the fact going forward that new campaigns will only add new maps, not new weapons.

2 Likes

It honestly depends.

If they would put a slower squads gamemode - hardcore from customs into official mm then they would be valuable.

Even now i am definetely gonna use them

1 Like

By hardcore you mean Lone Wolf?, which did have its own MM at one point.

don’t forget that the players are so selfish that those medkits will only use them on them in some kind of uber meta strike team

2 Likes

Can we allow to commit a war crime by killing a medic?

The medic healing ability probably wont be useful, but first-aid box probably will. So let’s just see how it goes

quote myself
Have you seen the movie Judge Dredd? Justice is up to you.

6 Likes

Interestingly the Geneva convention put limitations on that, if the medic is engaged in combat/carrying a weapon they’re a free target.

7 Likes

Thank you for your kind reply. However, it’s not that this new campaign has delayed other preparations or has no news, right? I’m worried.