New gold order weapon Panzerfaust 150

Pf 150 trial
What about the lesser known Panzerfaust 150 as new season gold order weapon?

According to wikipedia:
Panzerfaust 150

A major redesign of the Panzerfaust, the Panzerfaust 150 featured a new pointed warhead (with a diameter of 105 mm compared to the 140 mm warhead of the Panzerfaust 30/60/100 series) with increased armour penetration and two-stage propellant ignition which gave a higher velocity of 85 m (279 ft) per second. A fragmentation sleeve was developed for the Panzerfaust 150 to increase its lethality against infantry. The projectile had a delay pellet to the base detonating primer which meant that the projectile exploded after three seconds if it didn’t hit its target or a hard surface. This was meant to eliminate duds and also allowed for air bursts to be achieved when combined with the fragmentation sleeve. Production the Panzerfaust 150 started in February 1945 and continued until May of that year when the facility in Döbeln, Saxony producing the Panzerfaust 150 was captured by the Soviets. Although 100,00 were produced, none were issued to field units beyond limited troop trials. No known examples of the Panzerfaust 150 survived the end of the war.[22] A further development of the Panzerfaust 150 was meant to make it a reloadable weapon, capable of firing ten shots before the black powder fouling built up to the point that the weapon needed to be inspected and cleaned. This development was to be completed in May 1945, with production of the improved Panzerfaust 150 scheduled to commence in the summer of that year. “The reloadable Pzf 150 might have received a new designation if it had been produced.”

source: Panzerfaust - Wikipedia
Soviet soldier with captured Pf 150

13 Likes

It would be good, although I already imagine wasting my rockets because of the speed at which it shoots

meh, why not.

I generally like odd weaponry like the Chauchat, Berdan2… I would treasure that one like I do all my other bizzare, yet not more effective, gold weapons.

it travels slightly faster than pf 60 and 100 tho and does more pentration look at my comment below

Faustpatrone 30
Panzerfaust (Klein) 30m
Projectile velocity:28 m/s
Penetration performance:140 mm

Panzerfaust 30
Panzerfaust (Gross) 30m
Projectile velocity:30 m/s
Penetration performance:200 mm

Panzerfaust 60
Projectile velocity:45 m/s

Panzerfaust 100
Projectile velocity:60 m/s

Panzerfaust 150
Projectile velocity:85 m/s
Penetration performance:280–320 mm

so it as you can see more effective faster travel speed of the war head and more penetration

Panzerfaust 250
Projectile velocity:120-150 m/s
Penetration performance:uknwn (possibly more than pf 150 as internal propellant charge was to be larger)

was scheduled for september 1945 as the first reloadable panzerfaust as replacement for panzershreck. little data is avaible online but it seems it was finished in USA by the german engineers after the war.

sources:Panzerfaust - Wikipedia

In the same vein, I’d also love to see the Fliegerfaust/Luftfaust as a gold order weapon. While the Panzerfaust translates to Tankfist, the Fliegerfaust translates to Planefist.

The first version, the Fliegerfaust A, had four 20mm barrels. These fired 20mm projectiles weighing 90g and containing 19g of explosive, propelled by a small rocket.

The second version, the Fliegerfaust B, added another 5 barrels (for a total of 9 barrels), and increased the barrels’ length. The weapon therefore had a total length of 150cm and weighed 6.5kg. During the firing sequence the first 4 rounds from every other barrel were fired immediately, while the other five fired with a 0.1 second delay. The delay was meant to prevent the projectiles from getting damaged by the previous launches’ exhaust fumes, which could also interfere with their courses. Some sources, however, state that the barrels were fired individually with a delay of 2 seconds between each ignition.

Stabilization of the rocket during flight was achieved by four small angled holes drilled around the exhaust. A small proportion of the rocket’s thrust was thus converted into rotational thrust, spinning the missile along its axis. This imparted stability through spin, like rifling in a gun barrel.

A six barrel 30 mm prototype was also constructed.

Although 10,000 launchers and 4 million rockets were ordered in 1945, only 80 of these weapons were ever used in combat trials by a unit based at Saarbrücken. However, a 1945 photograph of the Hotel Adlon, directly opposite the Brandenburg gate in Berlin, clearly shows at least 3 expended Fliegerfaust B’s lying in the rubble.

3 Likes

yeah battlefield V flashbacks

Those things single-handeled the bomber spam in BFV.

I wasn’t interested in women wearing celtic warpaint with wooden prosthetic limbs wielding katanas in ww2 so I had no idea.

me neither but we all saw it

And love the liebermunster it shows it was end war weapon great eye mate