New batch of questions

my despairs lead me here because i want to do stuff, but i’m pretty much incompetent / don’t understand how to do some things, and/or how others works.

so,

1. how to place medic crates and syringe pickable like weapons
    reason being, i want to make a lone fighter pve ( ish ) problem is, it’s setted in tunisia. and tunisa does not have medics. so hopefully, people can become medics by grabbing the medic crates.

2. how can ger_antitank/personell_mines be destroyed once those has been placed?
    problem is, once i placed them according to the Q&A:

problem is, once those has been placed, players cannot shoot them or defuse them in any way.
the only way they get removed, is when they explode because a vehicle/person passed on it.

is it possible to change them ?

1. as i managed to make a logistical truck functional:

( thanks to @tommyZZM and @Devenddar ) i noticed that players that picked up weapons of the same faction despite not spawning with it, can’t refill them remaining to 0.
    is there any way to fix this one as well?
4 Likes

i didn’t really solved this issue as i would like to find this specific solution, but i managed to make an ambulance car:

3 Likes

You can make medkit box pickable by this way:

Yeah. Not best way, because it will print messages after pickup, you can pickup infinite amount of boxs (but soldier still can have only 1 box) and other little things.

You can spawn it with another item, not only medic_medkit_item.

It’s harder, but yes, it’s possible.

For that you need change grid_obj__gridType to interactable.
And placeable_item_placeTm with transform property code.
Scene.blk code:

entity{
  _template:t="jap_tnt_block+placeable_item_in_world"
  transform:m=[[-7.76272e-08, -1, 9.04703e-08] [0.75892, 3.55271e-15, 0.651184] [-0.651184, 1.19209e-07, 0.75892] [-77.4649, 5.01075, -165.979]]
  placeable_item_placeTm:m=[[-7.76272e-08, -1, 9.04703e-08] [0.75892, 3.55271e-15, 0.651184] [-0.651184, 1.19209e-07, 0.75892] [-77.4649, 5.01075, -165.979]]
  grid_obj__gridType:t="interactable"
}

jap_tnt_block can be any mine.
I found how to do it only after clone stalingrad tnt block and a bit edit it.
Well… You can place it around map and then go to scene.blk and edit placeable_item_placeTm.

I don’t know :frowning:
Seems tutorial map have special scripts on boxs.
Because I copy devs tutorial map code and nothing happened.
Still can’t fill ammo for neutral weapons.

4 Likes

I can only set the team of these vehicles to 1 or 2 to ensure a clear result in game

1 Like

oh wow.

thanks!

a bit of a shame that we do not have syringe bags or something placeable to make soldiers medics, but oh well.

although

how can i do so?

i made an armory, but the problem is, it’s very laggy. like, there are 30 rifles in one place ( actually around 1k inside a building it’s an armory ) and everything is lagging.

so, how can i make only one, and from this only one, make it possible to never end the ammount of pickable rifles ? ( infinite “dispenser” regarding medkit boxes )

and how would i for example, make a rifle rack of m1 garands without having to make 400 riles sitting in one place ? ( like i did :upside_down_face: because i don’t know better and i regreat it yet i need it as craves my performances :neutral_face:

my hero. ( a bit unfortunate about the inability of refilling neutral weapon though)

2 Likes

what do you mean?

ps, sorry for late answer, went for lunch

1 Like

Ah… I meant that if you trying pickup another one medic box… then you can do it, but it will not added to inventory… And soldier will still had only one box and still able pickup another one medic box. So yea… One player can take all medic boxs

2 Likes

ah

well, guess i’ll keep my laggy armory then :joy:

2 Likes

Interesting questions. By the way, how to find TNT explosive package and sword in the editor?
Another point… Tommy once told me how to generate usable ammo boxes in the editor, but it seems to become unavailable after a certain update

Write tnt and sword in Filted by name (All section).

Huh? More info please.

2 Likes

@Devenddar once time @tommyZZM sayed the for make an ammobox functional for both side you need compenetrate both in the same spot

Anyway his explanation was better

1 Like

@Devenddar sorry for bothering you, but, is it just me, or this don’t work anymore?

like, being able to use vehicles as mobile field medical vehicle / ammunitions.

as soon i insert the second postfix ( either placed_medic_box / tutorial_ammunition_box_a ) both the fortification and second tags disappears.

like, my vehicles disappeared as well from my mods

2 Likes

Ill today check it.
Maybe you didnt change ri_extra_name to undestroyable? Like skull.

1 Like

i did.

i usually pick normandy houses since those cannot be destroyed

2 Likes

You can implement it more flexibly by defineing or customizing the template

I mean you can actually put a attribute-specific ammo box on a vehicle and do a lot more

And these new templates have been proved to work in the server program, but the information is not synchronized on the client side. Can you give me a little heart :heart: on this reply, and maybe encourage the development team to solve this client synchronization problem as soon as possible.

3 Likes

i’m not particularly keen on the idea of being able to straight up build trucks with engy and replace stuff with the engineer.
( which, by your video, people in order to build stationary guns, they need to be engy level type II. correct me if i’m wrong )

i just don’t understand why the previous method used to work, and now it doesn’t. why?

wasn’t it much easier to just make a base_fortification_build+tutorial_ammunition_box_a+( name of the vehicle ) ?

literally only a couple of clicks. and be able to use the vehicle right away.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with engineers, you can just define more things through templates, the engineer element itself is just one of the things that templates can do

put this in your entities.blk

then create a new big_action_opel_blitz_kfz_305_resupply_team2 in the game.

big_action_opel_blitz_kfz_305_tent{
  _extends:t="rendinst"
  _extends:t="replicating"
  _extends:t="base_vehicle_decor"
  _extends:t="phys_sleepable"
  ri_extra__name:t="opel_blitz_kfz_305_tent"
  phys__isAsleep:b=yes

"ri_extra__overrideHitPoints:i"{
    value:i=999999
    _info:t="ri_hit_points"
  }
}

big_action_opel_blitz_kfz_305_tent_resupply_base_team2{
  _extends:t="big_action_opel_blitz_kfz_305_tent"
  _extends:t="resource_box_base"
  _extends:t="fortification_builder_info"
  _extends:t="resupply_for_ground_vehicle_zone"
  ri_extra__name:t="opel_blitz_kfz_305_tent"
  animchar__res:t="grenade_f1_char"
  collres__res:t="grenade_f1_collision"
  grid_obj__gridType:t="interactable"
  grid_obj__fixedTmScale:r=-1.0
  animchar_render__enabled:b=no
  animchar__updatable:b=no

building_menu__image:t="map_icon_train"
  builder_info__team:i=2
  team:i=2
  resupply_zone__team:i=2
  buildingRadius:r=3.2
  useful_box__maxUseCount:i=9999999
  useful_box__hintFull:t="Resupply Base;Vehicle+Engineer;可以补给载具以及工兵材料"

_group{
    _tags:t="ui"
    hud_icon__image:t="building_ammo_box"
    hud_icon__offsetY:r=1.6
    hud_icon__maxDistance:r=23.0
    hud_icon__opacityRangeX:p2=0.5, 0.8
    hud_icon__opacityRangeY:p2=0.5, 0.8
    hud_icon__opacityCenterMinMult:r=1.0
  }

"build_attach__riexHandle:u64"{
    value:i64=-1
    _tags:t="server"
  }

"building__isBroken:b"{
    value:b=no
    _tags:t="server"
  }
}

big_action_opel_blitz_kfz_305_resupply_team2{
  _extends:t="opel_blitz_kfz_305"
  vehicle_seats__exitTime:r=0.66
  vehicle_seats__enterTime:r=3.2
  vehicle__mapIcon:t="map_icon_train"
  user_point__icon:t="map_icon_train"
  team:i=2
  vehicle_seats__autoDetectRestrictToTeam:b=no
  vehicle_seats__restrictToTeam:i=2

"vehicle_seats__seats:shared:array"{
    "seats:object"{
      name:t="driver"
      locName:t="vehicle_seats/car_driver"
      seatOwnsEntityControl:b=yes
      attachNode:t="char_driver_pivot"
      entranceNode:t="char_driver_landing"
      attachTm:m=[[1.0, 0.0, 0.0] [0.0, 1.0, 0.0] [0.0, 0.0, 1.0] [0.0, 0.0, 0.0]]
      seatComponent:t="isDriver"
      nextSeat:t="passenger1"
      canPlaceManually:b=yes
      seatEnum:t="left_seat"
    }

"seats:object"{
      name:t="passenger1"
      locName:t="vehicle_seats/shooter"
      seatOwnsEntityControl:b=no
      attachNode:t="char_passenger_01_pivot"
      entranceNode:t="char_passenger_01_landing"
      attachTm:m=[[1.0, 0.0, 0.0] [0.0, 1.0, 0.0] [0.0, 0.0, 1.0] [0.0, 0.0, 0.0]]
      seatComponent:t="isPassenger"
      nextSeat:t="passenger2"
      canPlaceManually:b=yes
      seatEnum:t="right_seat"
    }
  }

"attach_decorators__entities:list<eid>"{
  }

"attach_decorators__templates:array"{
    "templates:object"{
      // relativeTm:m=[[1.31134e-07, -1.06581e-14, -1] [1.06581e-14, 1, -1.06581e-14] [1, -1.06581e-14, 1.31134e-07] [-1.3, -4.8, 0.0]]
      relativeTm:m=[[1.30205e-07, -1.55893e-08, -1] [0.0656765, 0.964341, -6.48199e-09] [0.997689, -0.0679477, 1.30963e-07] [-1.49, -4.6, -0.08]]
      template:t="big_action_opel_blitz_kfz_305_tent_resupply_base_team2+still_obstacle"
      nodeName:t="emtr_fire_engine"
    }
  }

"disableDMParts:list<t>"{
    // item:t="commander"
    // item:t="driver"
    // item:t="cls_body_01"
    // item:t="cls_body_02"
    // item:t="cls_body_03"
    // item:t="cls_body_04"
    // item:t="cls_body_06"
    // item:t="cls_body_07"
    // item:t="cls_body_08"
    // item:t="engine"
    // item:t="body"
    // item:t="transmission"
  }
}

Interesting things may be among the clutter that you are not interested in

1 Like

Can’t solve the problem that the car will suddenly disappear when entering the gray area

This makes it almost impossible to find a suitable way to place these in the grey area, and the ammo box will not be destroyed when the car is destroyed

And my Opel supply truck will lose its ammo supply point when it is destroyed

Also now you can make new templates which make it possible to attach other things like medical kits and supply boxes to the car

You can set the supply times of the supply box, and some other properties through the template

1 Like

i’m more for semplicity.

which what you always do despite my admiration, brings only out my frustration.

i don’t… really see why we should do all of this stuff when it should just be relatively simpler.

like, sort of we used to do.

apply tags, not open the blk file and change stuff from there.

it’s not like everyone has time to do that.

for me to be honest, wasn’t really a problem.

which… you somehow managed to also put a tent, and kinda upset me because you had to try and try again when we could had just an option for that.

similar to applying a machinegun on a simpler truck like i wanted.

it’s next to impossible unless you sended a goat to the devil and somehow happened to put a bunch of text and somehow worked.

1 Like

or maybe i am getting older… who knoes.

remains the fact that what we used to do, does not work anymore even though was a bit wonkie.

p.s. not sure which template you are reffring to… nor how to access entities.blk
( which… i’d like to see a guide from devs or someone who understands from that. rather than copying and paste without understanding anything. don’t get me wrong, i’m gratefull, nevertheless. but not very effective if you ask me )

1 Like