Nerf type hei automatic rifle

The problem in the Pacific is not in the Japanese infantry force but in the people who are in the American faction, there are too many noobs who play campers in the gray zone with tanks, snipers, fixed machine gun positions or AT cannons and use planes to only get kills without providing good support to your team. The request for a nerf of an infantry weapon is just an example of frustration of these players because let’s be honest, the tipo hei destroys t26 Pershing? Does it destroy new armored transport vehicles? Does it have a laser tracking system to eliminate the almost 20 models of aircraft that the allies have? If the answer is no… Then tell me… Is the problem a weapon? Or people who don’t use what they have well? Think about it…

4 Likes

and i am not tackling playerbase issue cause i understand it. i am specifically focusing on one gun that has OP characteristics compared to every other gun in the game.

i have not played either USA or japan since the patch cause i didnt want to neither stack on winning side, nor getting run over by stacked side. so there is no frustration.

What’s the point of asking for a nerf of a weapon you don’t even use or have even had against? Lol

7 Likes

If soviet get the same with the AVT why not… In the end everithing Is for balance, if the other side have a counter it can be done

1 Like

Avt with drum mag or L/S 26 mag vs 8mm kurz FG-42 with MKB42,MP43 seems fair to me

1 Like

cause i play both USA and japan, just not when there are ridiculous stacks on one side. it makes winning or losing boring and/or frustrating.

that is why i said this

I think more changes need to be made that statement but overall it’s all pointless because this is not a perfect world So for the foreseeable future I think things need stayed away as it is or the Japanese might just die because they never belonged in BR5.

1 Like

My and Deb already spoke about this on reddit; got my support for a nerf, sideways recoil or just hidden recoil multiplier to make it less broken than 1970s tech it currently represents.

3 Likes

btw we do have to keep in mind how many player can get access to this weapon when discussing these thing (at least imo) sure they are everywhere now but when the US get some new stuff i doubt it gonna be everywhere like this maybe 1/3 of jap match will have them (at least imo since most people probably dont spend 3-5 hour grinding like me [or maybe they do idk])

1 Like

playerbase or veteran fluctuations shouldnt be a thing when discussing pure weapon balance. specially not for what will be most used weapon as it is available to regular soldiers.

3 Likes

ok im just gonna op out of this discussion now im not good with “pure stat balance” since i have no knowledge on these thing

I would agree with you if the rifle was an assaulter-only weapon.

It’s too strong for a gun which can be used by almost all other classes. I’ll of course abuse the everliving shit out of these in the meanwhile, but it’s clear as a day that this needs a nerf.

It even is a bit lame since there’s not really much of a reason to use any other gun.

3 Likes

solution isnt to give japan one OP weapon equippable to all soldiers to compensate for shit weapons before it. they should have added actually decent weapons before in their tree, starting with 10 round SA rifle. if type hei AR was comparable to fg42 II or AVT 40 i wouldnt have any problem with it.

mostly consider AVT40 comparable to fg42 II, so i dont have big problem with it. they both have positive and negative sides. could those number be better? certainly.

i am purposely not playing either side cause of imbalance in playerbase. this is purely balance regarding stats.

But that’s the thing.

Right now it FEELS unbalanced, only due the playerbase (vets) stacking one side.

If those same vets were to stack usa and spam m2 as a result, now it’s received a very good buff (camera allowing aim), then ppl would complain about the m2 instead and not the hei.

Hei doesn’t need a nerf. So it’s a bit better than m2. And? They don’t need to, nor should be, mirrors of each others.

I’ve seen a few stacks in usa side spamming m2 recently. They dominated with ease, even against some ppl with the big bad hei.

The fact remains, hei doesn’t need a nerf. It doesn’t need to be on par or weaker to m2. Wait for playerbase to equalize BEFORE trying to argue with incomplete statistics (missing playerbase using m2 vs hei proportions, no veterans in usa, etc.)

To sum:
That’s merely your OPINION vs my OPINION.

11 Likes

Completely 100% disagree.

Stacked USA teams barely hold ground against a Jap oppo, I can post bunch of pics of gold US teams run over in 8 minutes by a gold Jap team. Im pretty sure I win about 5% of JapBr5 as USA, and im counting only gold on gold engagements.

---- In short, The data doesnt support your statement.

Its a 1970s weapon stat wise, a fully automatic stable SUPERIOR Federov with 30rd clip and bipod AS CURRENTLY DEPLOYED.

I honestly dont know what people think its balanced are smoking; Im all for buffing various branches of JAP, prototypes and all that, but if you dont care to run SMGs, MGs or any other weapon because the battle rifle is so OP you know you’re biased.

2 Likes

Good for you. It’s the only line I’ve read of your post.

I’ll add again, what I said is my opinion. What you wrote after that line, yours.

2 Likes

you also forgot to mention if the Americans are actually playing smart they can also lock down an area with explosive spam and there’s a calliope they can use that for indirect fire support.

The American players are not playing smart, as they do anything but help each other or simply attack. They are only at the beginning of the map and it would be the fault of a rifle… Ironic…

I’m sorry but, I’ll not enter that.

To the risk of repeating myself: I wrote my opinion. That’s it.

Hei doesn’t need nerf just because vets are stacking the Japanese faction. Using stats while ignoring that very important fact is hypocrisy.

M2 is ALSO a multipurpose tool now, that can equally replace every weapons in usa arsenal without drawbacks. Yet nobody mentions it.

My second opinion: usa mains want to nerf Japanese best tool because the faction they play struggles atm.

Ppl are free to argue whatever they want about it, because again, that’s just my opinion as a vet.

6 Likes