My take on "merge without sacrificing campaigns" theme:

I’ve considered and proposed the theatre system myself, but seeing the direction that the game is heading and the community’s perseverance means the merge is inevitable. However I feel that there is still potential to retain some of the campaign system’s benefits. One such idea is to allow players to choose a preferred campaign and/or maps which would influence matchmaking, but only when there are enough players online.

1 Like

With the amount of people blindly supporting the merge and even defending it fanatically like zealots. I’m not surprised some of them try to silence dissent with some being valid reasons due to the lack of information from the devs on this matter. Even stuff like selecting map pools, map voting or map veto system, we don’t know due to no dev answer on that.

Its like at this point, the merge is some kind of messiah to the game when we don’t even have enough information.

1 Like

Yeah, we are blind because we don’t give crap about irrelevant shtt like this, lmao.

well devs said they will consider this after merge. i think that this is definitely necessary for health of the game… i hate shit game modes…

We should then talk about whether Enlisted, as a game in general, is popular, and why it does not gather enough players to require such a drastic enough action as - merge.

Because this is not done for the sake of some kind of innovation and improvement for the future, but for existing players to play with each other more. Isn’t that exactly how the game was advertised? As squad based, together with AI.

The developers have been warned by community from the very beginning that eventually there will be a problem with bots and player count when developing such a model, if nothing innovative is invented. This happened because no effort was made to improve the core Enlisted mechanics. More was concentrated on the implementation of various “toys” and microtransactions.

So, answering you, I can say that - interesting and good updates attract new players. Therefore, it is inaccurate to decide about community suggestions from the current state of the game. (whether they will be popular or not). They have to be implemented first. But devs must do something in order to maintain immersive WW2 style as much as possible.

EDIT: or this game will eventually slowly die. Just how H&G

1 Like

I think Enlisted is popular and successful considering what it is. The concept of campaign was just wrong for this type of game.
That’s my opinion.

even if it had 10 million players, player disparity would always exist if you forced campaign system. there is no fixing a problem if e.g. for every 1 axis player in tunisia you have 2 allies players in the same queue.
ffs there are 107k unique players that on average play around 4 battles per day(considering desertion percentage it should be actually 3 battles). problem is that they are divided on 6 servers across 6 campaigns and then further into different hours.

playerbase is perfectly healthy for post merge system, but not so for campaigns/fronts.

1 Like

Well, time will tell. Of course, for now I can only speculate, like all the rest of the players.

But you have to keep in mind the very beginning, where it all started, and how the game was presented from a marketing point of view and how the players were “lured”. Campaign system, plus squad based mechanics. It really attracted a lot of players, in alpha and beta, myself included. Now, of course, there is a problem of player migration, and now you want to change the essence of the game, not the way it was positioned, in order to easily escape from the problems that were not taken into account.

It can be said that the death sentence for a game like H&G was when they introduced a third faction (the Soviets), and in the long run they were not able to balance everything. Therefore, even in the Enlisted alpha period, it was suggested to simply bet everything on the eastern campaign with two factions. That’s it. It would have been much more logical, considering not only the ability to concentrate on creating two well-balanced factions, but also some common stylistics.

Devs went the other way. Because the community decided to have a free game. Perhaps this influenced the desire to simply use all possible opportunities to simply make money, following the most popular arcade path.