My idea of how you could get France to fit as a faction in game with the way they were in the real war

So since france was for most of war occupied by Germany and then also helping allies invade germany after getting liberated, my idea was, that it was kinda like you got with customs mixed battles, but instead for High-Low BR. of just Americans vs Germans in Normandy, You could also have early low BR of just France vs Germany matches in a battle France map. depending on the BR, France can be a second nation in a match playing alongside both sides, so instead of it being in a match being all just 1v1, it could be 2v2, but instead of extending the scoreboard for more players, they could make it so matches like Battle of the bulge, it would still up to 10 vs 10, but both sides depending on the map and battle could have French faction player squads mixed in with Allied or Germany. this only works in my mind because France played both sides of the war. so most of the war being occupied they had to help Germany. and then after being liberated, the new free French army now equipped with Allied weaponry helped the Allies push into the West German area. so they would be mixed in with Allied American Anglo faction match. there are probably other ways to work this but you can give your suggestion in here of what could work.

1 Like

It can be possible… is it the healthiest thing for the game right now though? I’ve no clue tbh, someone else wanna take this?

1 Like

i have a feeling the people who wanna play france do not wanna be playing as vichy france lol

2 Likes

then I guess make France a general faction but somehow devs make it work I don’t know… France is just going to be complicated to implement without the campaign system here anymore.

Germany already have two French squads from Berlin campaign, but they just speak German :pensive:
Charlemange SS squads (from Berlin), potential premium Vichy French and LVF squads should get French voice lines.

no

Your suggestion is better than this topic. Guess “Slavic” is the new "Grey"Parrots? IDK? ((Edited for more clarification.))

1 Like

Please use quote or explain your opinion in more detail because its confusing.

Hard, France don’t have much tech tree. because they are didnt have long war enough and just surrender.

The devs could dig up some prototypes if they need to. If they managed to make japan happen i dont see problems with frances equipment.

Japan didn’t launch with anything above what is now BR3.

1 Like

I can help

1 Like

They dont know either
They even confused ardennes with hĂĽrtgen
So dont have high hopes

1 Like

Lol Japan is possible because they literally fight until 1945.
France surrender on 1940.
How is the 2 comparable?

1 Like

ever heard of vichy france and free france?

They barely make any stuff.

In real life japan had mostly arisaka type 99s and their most numerous tanks were ha gos and chi has. Even their smgs like type 100 were extremely rare. If the devs managed to work with that i dont see problem with france

Nonsense
Japan and france situations were totally different.
Vichy france forces were restrained from big weapons and military size was not even 100k.
When france surrendered, millions of frenchmen sent to germany as cheap labour force.
Whole economic assets of france were under german control to feed german industry.
Even after the liberation, most militarily eligible french males were still under german captivity.
Except couple of brigades, free french didnt even played any significant role in western front 44-45.
Muricans and brits did the heavy lifting.
Free french were mostly token collection of soldier from still anti vichy colonies from africa. They used british weapons, had no tanks nor planes.

1 Like

Lol, France need to have many prototypes to start with. France didn’t have much because it surrender on 1940.
It is incomparable to Japan since they fight until 1945.

1 Like

They were not even present as a seperate army of a free country to begin with.

There are tons of guns from ww1 and interwar period that france could have. Tanks and planes are also no problem because wt has plenty
French Faction Tech Tree and Battle Ratings - Suggestions - Enlisted
Scuffed french progression tree - Mess Room - Enlisted
Here are some posts with french guns