Mg 42 rate of fire

The mg 42 in the game has a rate of fire which I believe they got from looking at the mg 3 (worlds best mg and modern versions of mg42)

The mg 42 should have a rate of fire of 1200.

Some people’s may say that is a nerf to the mg 42 because it only has 50 rounds but I would like to say that the mg45 fires 1500 rounds per minute with only 50 rounds, and the mp-41(r) fires 1240 rounds per minute with 32 rounds, and the ppsh has a rate of fire of 1000 with 35 rounds and I have personally never heard anyone complain about these weapons firing to fast

That being said on a relate but still off topic it would be cool if we could choose belt lengths for mg’s that took belts

10 Likes

DF: Seperate unlocks, take it or leave it

3 Likes

I honesty don’t care how it is implemented as long a it is put in the game somehow someway

1 Like

The mg42 is fine as it is, especially having such a small mag.

The mg15 from berlin DOES have a 1200 firerate (1320 when upgraded) and that thing is nearly useless, except to clear a hallway.

3 Likes

It’s correct:)
The MG 42 has plenty of different types of bolts it can use, in the case of the one in the game, it’s a heavy bolt, which reduces it’s RoF to 900.

6 Likes

that makes sense, I guess a way to implement it would be to add a another mg 42 to grinned but with a light bolt (kind of like the ppsh with the box mag and the ppsh with the drum mag) it would also add a more verity and if you don’t want the 1200 rof you wouldn’t have to use it

2 Likes

The MG42 and MG34 need to have a large belt, at minimum to 75 maximum 200. The Germans kept 75 round belts on tap and hade 250rd belts in Normandy, Kursk, Kherson and other battles in WW2.

The Americans have the 1919 with a 200rd belt, and the Soviets have their MGs with larger belts. Why must the Germans have a smaller than average belt? The snail drum holds 50 but the drum isn’t needed for operation. It can be an unlock option or feature for the MG34/42/45 or have the large belt. The drum would be a quicker reload and the longer belt would be a slower run/jump speed/height. It’s frustrating to the point I don’t use the MG42, only the 34.

I also have an issue with the fact that the MG34 does not have a semi-auto selector or feature in game. IRL the MG34 has a Semi-automatic setting and a full-automatic setting that would allow the shooter to pull on the top or bottom of the trigger to activate the semi/full feature. Thus why the trigger has a double curve.

4 Likes

me, I don’t like Berlin PPSh with stick mag at all the same way I don’t like PPD-34 and Type 100/44, they are too fast firing for their small magazine sizes for my taste.

1 Like

Wrong. The M1919 is 100 rounds, not 200 rounds.

The reason why is that they are trading their capacity for RoF. Its for balancing purposes.
Personally, I like a MG with slower rate of fire (which generally makes it more controllable for medium range fights) and a larger magazine.

That said, I’ve played several Axis factions to the maximum, and their strengths lie elsewhere, such as Assault Rifles, Bolt-actions, and AT Launchers.

1 Like

Likewise. I have NEVER wasted my time with the MG42, due to it’s insane firerate and small 50-round drum. What’s the point when the player is going to be reloading more than they are shooting? Especially when we have a 75 round mg-34 and it’s lower rate of fire which is much more tolerable. The only MG-42 that I use, are the ones pre-built into the maps (of which we can’t repair with the engineer, which is also really lame).

2 Likes

Higher rate of fire would not be hindering the gun IF bipods would work properly.

2 Likes

that isn’t the issue, the issue is net coding

what if they just reduce the dispersion of the mg 42, it has a lot, that would help

Then could you rename it to “MG42 (Heavy bolt)”? Now it’s confusing.

And add MG42 (Light bolt) later on.

5 Likes
MG3 has 1300 rof as standard to be clear.

Ausrüstung und Technik: Das Maschinengewehr MG3

I think The mg42 (early) is the ligth bolt one, i can be wrong, but rof stats seems confirm it

Customization options would be nice.

I’m not asking about kid fantasy game Customization that makes me retch, with fruity “camo” and weird grips everywhere.

I mean little things, like the mentioned bolts. Different magnifying scopes (for snipers only). Different woods for rifles. Ammo belts lenghts.
Would cost silver currency I guess.

Surprisingly, dead H&G did customization (mostly) right, before it got bought by that crooks company, tlm.

4 Likes

I want “normal” MG42 with light bolt.
Also it’s premium so it doesn’t count as premiums are doubly stupid.

1 Like

Vicker: say what?

In the case of the Vickers, it was an event squad weapon. (one that I personally think was overkill)

Even so though, yes it has a 100 round mag, and high rate of fire, but like the german mgs, it lacks accuracy and control at range.