Make the M1A1 Thompson BR II, M1918 Browning BR II

With the MP40 being BRII there is no reason that the first thompson in the tech tree (Thompson M1A1) and the first BAR (M1918) should be BRII as well with the MG 13 being BRII

15 Likes

Would make more sense to nerf the M1928 (Box) so it can be low BR, since it would have basically only been used early war by Marines in the Pacific.

Iā€™d change the stats of the Thompsons to fit the BR likes this :

BR II - Thompson M1928 (Box)

BR III - (Thompson M1)

BR IV - Thompson M1A1

BR V - Thompson M1928 (Drum)

(IDK where to place the M21 Thompson with vertical grip, on one hand it would have really only been used early war so nerfing it for low BR makes sense, on the other hand it has a vertical grip which would obviously help its stats so IDK how you would realistically nerf it for low BR)

3 Likes

They really need to just add in 20 round versions of all the Thompson models and make it so that they arenā€™t premium exclusives. The Premium BSA Thompson, M1928 USMC Thompson Squad , and Hyde Model 35(not a Thompsonā€¦ but close enough- and it kinda has 40 rounds at BR2ā€¦. If you bought it at the timeā€¦ which really made no sense to do at the time unless youā€™re a collector like myself) are mostly lame (save the USMC Tommy) being the only option to somewhat have something similar to a normal Thompson in BR2ā€¦ and 2/3rds of those i mentioned substitutes are stretching itā€¦

Really wish theyā€™d reintroduce those Closed Beta exclusives such as the MP-41 and Hyde M2 while weā€™re wishing for stuffā€¦ both of those are two of my favorite weapons, but I only learned of this game a year after they were being sold. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

While playing as BR II as the Axis, I am facing Allies with Thompsons and even seeing the Browning 1919 machinegun which is allegedly BR V, but they show up in my BR II matches in Tunisia. Not to mention the British and now Soviet paratroopers on BR II. So just keep playing, Allies get matched with lower tier Axis opponents and Axis get matched with higher tier Allied opponents so everything in the game is still heavily tilted toward helping the Allies win every match.

When will we all stop whining about everything and start to appreciate what we have

3 Likes

a6 or the a4?

1 Like

the BAR is fine where it is
theyā€™re all excellent
the mg13 isnt nearly as good as it - in fact i would argue it kind of sucks. it just sucks less than the other BR2 mgā€™s because all the BR2 mgā€™s kind of suck

7 Likes

I donā€™t agree with this idea.
The Thompson submachine gun was originally a luxury toy for the wealthy. The M1928 was a rationally redesigned military gun, but it was still a high-end gun.
M1 Thompson and M1A1 Thompson are guns whose structure was simplified to make them cheaper and more productive during World War II.
In other words, it makes more sense for the higher end ones to have higher performance, and I think it would be better to have the M1928 at high BR. The firing rate in the game is also based on the image of a real gun.
Above all, I have a large amount of M1928 in stock that has been upgraded to the maximum extent possible for BR5, so I am opposed to it being downgraded to BR2.
Donā€™t assume that what comes out later is necessarily of high quality. Itā€™s like saying RTX3080 is older than RTX4060 so it should be cheaper. What came out later was nothing more than a cheap product.

If you want to make your Japanese soldiers full of holes with Thompsons, you should either play with BR3 or buy an M1928 USMC squad with Thompsons that can be used with BR2.

And the US military in BR2 has the M3 grease gun. This submachine gun was also a symbolic weapon during the Pacific War.

3 Likes

Americans already have Lanchesters in BR2, it is unreasonable to demand for better weapons.

The BAR series are already the best BR3 mg the entire game (even M1918), and now they even want to further downtier BAR to BR2.

At the same time, the Japanese with poorer equipment actually had an advantage in the BR1-3 game. What the Americans lack is skilled players, not good weapons.

Of course, MP40 is not reasonable in BR2, and I support uptier MP40 back to BR3. German players can continue playing MP38 and Beretta in BR2.

4 Likes

Actually the one with the sexy grip has WORSE stats for whatever reason, as far as recoil goes, so it can be put into earlier war too

Yeah I donā€™t know what was going through Darkflowā€™s head to put all the Thompsonā€™s in reverse chronological order

1 Like

Yeah butā€¦the Lanchesterā€™s chambered in 9mm. Gross. Lol

MP38 and MP40 are the same guns with very small stat differences. Whats the justifaction for two different Brs?
And no, MPs are fine enough in BR2. BR3 ZK and MP35 make more sense, especially if the PPS SMGs are apparently BR2-worthy.

7 Likes

Thompsons only differ in rof and mag size plus minus 1921 Grip with its awesone dispersion.
I see no point in this spread, even the M1928 Drum as Tier V might be too much consider the Tokyo Ripoff.

1 Like

Probably stationary MMG and some Thompsons are BR3 so it can happen.

Havenā€™t used it in awhile so donā€™t remember its recoil.

Yeah I never said the later war models are higher quality.

1 Like

According to the enlisted spreadsheet: the m921/28 Thompson has a recoil of 12/3 and a dispersion of .58, which makes it the most accurate and one of the lowest recoil Thompsons. It also has a super fast reload speed and some of the best sights. Iā€™d say itā€™s worthy of itā€™s spot.

The 50rnd Thompson has a recoil of 8/8 and a sub 3 second reload, so itā€™s easily at the same level as the Soviet drum smgs.

Putting the m1a1 Thompson in br2 would make it the best smgs in that br by a noticable margin. I think the lanchester and the grease gun are already solid choices for the lower brs.

2 Likes

I remember when Thompson came to Nomandy, it was supposed to be equal to the STGs - more DPS but less effective range.

Now shortly after Kiraly and MKB came to Moscow the devs decided to nerf all SMGs range.

If the devs undo their SMGs global range nerf, then I could see PPSH, Drum Thompson, Kiraly etc to be worthy of being in BR 5, but right now I canā€™t see it fitting.

Same goes for basically all MGs, if their effectiveness gets returned to CBT times they deserve to be at high BRs, but the way it is right now, the lack of functional bipods, massive recoil and bad dispersion makes them not worthy of being in BR5.

1 Like

No thanks for the BAR at BR2 itā€™s the best grindable lmg in the game when it comes to attacking and flanking, and the first BAR is only a slightly worse than A2 version.

For the Thompson i dunno we already have pretty good Lanchester that is comparable to the Mp40 (i even have 3x drum mag Lanchesters) and wouldnā€™t really want to play Thompsons that have bad sights and worse recoil than Lanchesters, not much would change even if you put M1A1 at BR2 so whatever.

Yeah, I got the stats in the game. Not the spreadsheet people keep referring to for everything. That requires a pc or a painful phone experience to use

1 Like