Maintenance

And? The MkB and StG have dispersion and no one-shot kill capability. 8.2 base damage and terrible dispersion on scoped ARs vs the sniper AVS-36 with 13.2 base damage and virtually perfect accuracy on every shot. What do “so many scoped ARs” change, in the first place? There could be 10 or 100 of different ARs, their numbers don’t matter. What matters is that supposedly the best German “sniper” AR is not even remotely capable of what the best soviet sniper AR can do.

And? The point is, it’s upsurd to put a scope on an assault rifle and call it a sniper, letting sniper troops use them is ridiculous. Scopes weren’t used in that way in real life either. This is an iron sight game outside of the actual sniper rifles. They shouldn’t of been introduced to begin with.

FG-42 USED scopes. ZF4 became the standard scope for it ( ZF4 , https://youtu.be/-IEvPXof9UY?si=BVhk3m5cG2EwWG9L&t=304). And around 10% of them were fitted with scopes, not just some few experimental pieces - meaning the scopes were actually intended to be used by designated marksman in every squad or at least in every platoon.

Congratz you found 1 real life example. Do me a favor and tell me how many of them were actually developed and used during the war.

There were 13.6 million nazi soldiers. There was 7,000 FG-42 guns made. You say 10% of them had scopes which i doubt but that would be 700 of them. Thats a 0.00005% chance you as a soldier would get a scoped FG-42. You have better odds of being struck by lightning

Well, in Enlisted there is 100% chance that a soldier can get a FG 42 and a Sniper can get a Sniper FG 42 II, let’s be consistent with that. Your argument with the low chance is invalid in the context of this discussion - it rather implies that FG 42 should be totally removed from the game in the first place because historically there was low chance that soldiers would find them in their squad, than that there should be no scope on this thing.

I will not tell you personally, I quoted a WW2 gun expert to do that for me. He said in the linked video that a few hundreds were fitted with the sniper scopes (which would be around 10% as I said), most commonly the ZF-4 which was quite reliable (and ZF-4 is the model in the game as well). If you don’t agree with an expert, I give up on trying to convince you because you are just getting angry and it’s no more of use.

2 Likes

Is the only nation planned for that though

FG42 is the only WWII gun with the “Do everything” role, or at least the rifle and LMG role, it has integrated bayonet, not working int his game, it has integrated bipod, not working in this game, it has integrated recoil mitigation system, not working in this game since every other BR has less recoil than it without having any sort of recoil reduction configuration lmao, is set to semi auto by default for moronic reason, it has low ammo count despite it replace the LMG role, it has the worst accuracy of all automatic rifle in this game for some reason despite it replace the rifle role, in can mount a scope, and of course being a “sniper” rifle, it has no accuracy bonus unlike any other sniper weapon…

1 Like

And? Avs 36 was barely used in ww2 and last fedorovs were left for Finland. There was only 1 as-44 model 5 had only 1 prototype ever made and the rd 44 was also an prototype.

3 Likes