M4a3(105)

After the merge I noticed this cool tank in the research tree.
Has she been in the game before?

3 Likes

no she is new

4 Likes

Coooool

It was then realized that only British tank forces could deploy this tank. Despite US tanks. That’s strange.

I really do not like the fact they do not bother to write proper descriptions.

Like… how hard is to copy paste one sentence from warthunder wiki?

(not even mentioning the lazy work with descriptions of tigers II, all they did is changing p for h)

6 Likes

The devs are probably busy with the merge and subsequent bug fixes.
“I want to borrow a cat’s hand” *1
That’s what they must be thinking.

*1 A Japanese proverb that means “Desperate for help” in English.

Nah, they’ve ignored some descriptions even before merge was even announced.
It’s pure laziness.

2 Likes

They must be busy taking care of the server hamster.

and squirrel dont forget those since yesterday they got out and cause my event tab to disappear (no joke that happen)

oh also can the 105 pen everything? cause i want it to deal with german tank

it only has HE so might be able to overpressure panther

Wait… ONLY HE?

:worried:

I get it’s for infantry support but still.

i mean it would be either HE or HEAT and i have a feeling jap players and german players would bitch and moan if the 105 got HEAT

Japan I could understand (because they lack a bit at the moment) but axis Germany could manage easily.

It has the armour of a regular Sherman. A regular long barrel pz4 f2 can make short work of it (with aiming). So…

Why not both?

It reminds me of the poor Semonvente of Tunisia

Also…

USA is lacking stronger vehicles for now. It wouldn’t be superfluous.

2 Likes

the heat can pen 130mm of armor, according to WT, so that is probably why atm

i believe the type 5 tube has enough pen to go through the armor of the normal shermans and that’s at tier 2 but that won’t stop complains

at least the 105 can try to overpressure most tanks while having a co-ax though the stronger vehicles the US needs are have to be at top tier, namely super pershing

1 Like

I want both Pershing and super Persh. They wouldn’t be exaggerated (too much) against axis armour atm.

Poor Sherman 76 can’t do much right now against the fatter cat…

3 Likes

pershing would be more similar to the tiger 1(makes sense as both tanks cannons are repurposed AA guns)

2 Likes

I just want them. Always loved those particularly.

And I want to recreate the Pershing vs Panther historical scene in game. Perhaps in a less gruesome way.

2 Likes

No, it was just added. I had been planning to acquire this, but the devs moved the M2 Carbine upgrade tree from the 167th regiment to the 4th division. Not a soul asked for this, yet here we are. Lmk if that 105mm gun goes through the Panther though :eyes:

1 Like

The 105mm only has HE, same for the Japs 120mm

2 Likes

it’s HE so not likely

1 Like