Let's open the Pacific Front!

the campaign is pacific it’s just maps of Guadalcanal to start with so it’s cool for equipment and tanks and planes from the whole pacific war

They had hangers in the video clip’s there were no hangers on Guadalcanal :slight_smile:

The Australian army troops seeing action that I’m referring to were the ones deployed to Wau and Salamaua in 1943–44 to draw Japanese forces away from Lae. Yeah, MacArthur was in command of the battle for Guadalcanal and the mainland, I know that, my great uncle Daniel Whalen landed at Guadalcanal ,he was a Marine, and he got hit right in the leg jumping over the side of the landing craft. Australian troops, soldiers and sailors participated in some effort and lost a lot of men in this part of the front, just at different periods and in different functions, their contribution is still important.

MacArthur was not in Command of the Operations in the Solomons islands.

The Australian Contribution and the New Zeeland Contribution were both important During Guadalcanal, but they were only present at sea, after Guadalcanal was taken New Zeeland Aircraft operated out of Guadalcanal.

So again, if the Campaign is intended to be “Guadalcanal”, then their presence would not be appropriate to the setting.

But afik, we really don’t know what the scope of the 'pacific" Campagne is intended to be, with a lot of kit that is totally inappropriate for a Guadalcanal Campaign already known to exist it is anybody’s guess what there really doing.

I didn’t say MacArthur was in command of the Solomon Islands, you brought up MacArthur and army commands. I don’t understand people who enjoy history and look at everything involving it through scientific and purely informational lenses. The experiences and decision making throughout the study of history distinguish it from other fields of study. What I am trying to explain is this stuff didn’t all happen in a vacuum. It was slow and tedious progress over weeks and years. It doesn’t matter what battle was fought or who was in command because one action didn’t carry the war, hundreds of thousands across continents did. You’re all like, this wasn’t here, this isn’t supposed to be there, why’s that here, that was never here. How exactly do you know? And the books you’ve read are only cases studies. Talk to veterans, read their diaries, read unit histories and personal accounts, it’s all available in the internet. Even hearing about this stuff from a field marshal or supreme commander in their memoirs you’re still not getting the full truth.

Yes, the Australian army wasn’t there for Guadalcanal, but they were in the vicinity of it on operations. I think the enlisted campaigns aren’t supposed to be one battle, notice Stalingrad is Battle of Stalingrad, Moscow is Battle of Moscow, and then there’s just plainly Tunisia and Normandy campaigns, because they’re geographic regions and not single battles. The Solomon Islands was a campaign, I don’t think they’ll call it Guadalcanal, because they mentioned Gavatu Island, it’ll probably just be called Pacific. These devs have a lot of work and priorities, and I don’t think it’s accuracy they’re striving for but depth. People who play this game and other WW2 shooters aren’t looking for accuracy but a long lists of weapons and functions that they can have fun with using in their free time.

Well, we know that No Australian troops fought on Guadalcanal… :slight_smile:

I think part of the objection hear, on my part is that I hope to see more Japanese campaigns, if they mash up all the different regions into one highly abstracted campaign then were going to see the same kit in every campaign and they will be far less interesting.

By doing a Guadalcanal campaign and a separate one of for New Gunnie then those campaigns can benefit from having different kit and different factions.

Guadalcanal should be just USMC and US army against the Japanese (Army and SNLF) on land.

New Gunnie would be Australians and US army vs Japanese Army

So that is why I am being anal about kit inclusion, not just because it’s factual and historical correct and more immersive but because it would provide over the long term a more appealing playing Esperance.

Look at the campaigns we have now, totally unrealistic kit options that are not period and campaign specific and most ate more or less the same

Australian troops were no where near Guadalcanal when the fighting there was taking place.

Many shooters are far more accurate than Enlisted is PS for instance is verry accurate, but Enlisted is defiantly not, for me it is best to not take the game to seriously because it does take it’s self seriously.

how come there is no extra squad slots for pre order tho?
XP bonus wise speaking, I would agree with other have said in thread already, 2X will do. Stalingrad’s kind is too quick, but no xp bonus at all isn’t good, come on.

2 Likes

I cant wait to use a B29 or B17 and bomb them into the ground. Will also be funny pushin ther tanks over the cliff with the Shermens :rofl:

你好,以后有机会出中日战场吗

Yeah slots and faster progression were the biggest selling point for me (actual gameplay).
I couldn’t care less about portraits, nickname frames or ridiculous samurai masks on tanks.

3 Likes

1942 was tough enough on the Japanese army. You have no clue.