Jumbo should not have appeared in the Pacific Campaign!

By the way, I do hope japan got there land-base aircraft too.

bf109-g10:I don’t think there is any problem, after all we don’t have 500lb or M8 rockets

1 Like

No, I’m just basing the discussion on what you think “jumbo is reasonable”
“Jumbo” doesn’t belong in the Pacific, and neither does the Tiger tank
But if you insist that it is reasonable, then the Tiger tank should also be reasonable, otherwise it is a double standard.
Historically, jumbo did not serve in the Pacific, and neither did Tiger tanks. So the problem is that only one camp has weapons that do not exist, which is naturally unreasonable.

I can tolerate P38 and P51 because they are indeed in service, and I even hope that there will be F4U in the future.

jumbo? forget it

1 Like

The only reason I could think of is why the Japanese cannot have the tiger in the Pacific is because then the allies will lose another bot farm.

1 Like

You should play a few battle in Pacific now(BR 2 or more).
They are full of intensity and chaos.

1 Like

I’m talking about end game Japanese not low level Japanese

@柬埔寨_波尔布特
Maybe he could confirm if it is bot farm for you.

This problem is very difficult to solve
If we look at historical accuracy. Jumbo won’t be in Pacific, but neither Chi-Nu will be, not even Ho-I.That’s not good new for the japanese.
In the other way, Tiger must be BR5 due to the 88mm main gun, unless they put a japenese 75mm into it’s turret,which i can’t even imagine what it would like.

(personal opinion)I thing they should be in BR4 (Considering the strength of German BR5)

I don’t think so. The T34-85 also has a tank gun above 80 mm but it still stays in the BR4
Obviously the caliber of the gun is not the main factor in determining the level of the tank.

As a balance, the German BR5’s air force is all inferior to the P47
However, the Japanese army does not have the means to balance Jumbo. US military fighter planes can carry more bombs and even be resurrected in the air.

1 Like

Gene_Wilder_as_Willy_Wonka

(I’m on fire, today)

2 Likes

No, the problem is that you don’t understand what historicity is
Why did Jumbo appear in Normandy? Historically, Jumbo did not appear in the Battle of Normandy
Because Jumbo was originally designed to deal with the German army, but it was unlucky that it failed to catch up with the Battle of Normandy. This does not mean that the US army has no plans to invest in the European battlefield. We cannot completely obliterate Jumbo because of a small regret in history, so it Showing up on the Normandy battlefield, I won’t complain about it.
But as far as I know, Jumbo has no plans to be used in the Pacific Battle. Jumbo was not designed to deal with the Japanese army at all, so there is no reason for it to appear in the Pacific Battle.
Before the merger, the game developers did not indicate through any means that they would put Jumbo into the Pacific battlefield in the future.
So after the merger, I will treat Jumbo’s appearance in the Pacific Theater as an accident, a mistake, and a BUG that needs to be corrected.

Let’s go back to Chi-Nu. Its appearance in the Pacific is easy to understand. Chi-nu was designed to deal with the US military. It was just because of various objective factors that it failed to join the battle before Japan failed. This does not mean that Chi-Nu It was not a tank designed for the US military, its use was in the Pacific and not elsewhere, not in the Soviet Union and not in Asia.
Its raison d’être in the Pacific is equivalent to Jumbo’s raison d’être in Normandy.

2 Likes

Then how do you stop the F6F and F4U, if it ever comes, from being used in North Africa and Europe? They were never intended to be used there as the F4F was more than enough to deal with any German aircraft allied naval assets would encounter, and so the US never sent the larger carriers with those planes over to Europe. The UK also kept their Hellcats and Corsairs in the Pacific, so that isn’t an argument either. The same argument can be had about the Crusader and cruiser tanks in the Pacific and the Flame Stuart in Tunisia. While I’m not opposed to limiting Japan from seeing the Jumbo, the way you propose will just cause more issues than it solves. Moving everything Japan has except for the Tier 2 flamethrower and maybe the Type 2a SMG to tier 3 and then limiting Japan to the 1-3 BR range with the few items above it being “play at your own risk” is the best solution to this problem.

Both F4U and F6F were accepted and used by the British Royal Navy, and the F6F also had active records in the Mediterranean. The F6F had a record of fighting German army aircraft and achieving results.
In particular, the F4U is quite interesting. Before the British got the F4U, the Americans did not regard it as a carrier-based aircraft, but the British confirmed that the F4U could indeed be used on aircraft carriers.
So, it’s not a big problem? Right?

This reminds me of War Thunder many years ago
At that time, the Japanese camp had an independent matching mechanism. They would only be matched to the British, American and Soviet camps (under normal circumstances) and they would avoid appearing on the European map.
The Pacific Ocean may be too special for this game, but I think restricting the Japanese camp in BR3 is also a desperate thing. Does this mean that Japan will no longer have more advanced vehicles or weapons in the future? Can their limit only reach BR3? Once you get beyond this, you’ll face a lot of chaos

Maybe the Pacific really needs special treatment

1 Like

My point of view is not strictly historical
As long as there is no large-scale damage to the balance, I can tolerate it.
After all, they have been merged, what else can I say? I drove a King Tiger tank in the Battle of Stalingrad, just like I did when I was a kid playing COD
I no longer have such strict requirements for historicity
But Jumbo is really too strong
So my complaint is not because Jumbo is unhistorical, but because Jumbo is difficult to compete with in the Pacific.

All they need to do is add over-pressure mechanics to the game and jumbo will no longer be useful overpressure will make sure that chi he short gun kill the jumbo and any other tank in a single shot

2 Likes

We are the testers and they don’t care about our opinions…

2 Likes

No, the Corsair was always intended to be a Carrier-based aircraft, however it was first used off of a land-based airstrip because the US needed the fleet carriers and they couldn’t be refitted with Corsairs until later.

And I agree, however moving the Jumbo to rank 5 is still the wrong move.

Yes Pacific needs special treatment and should have a BR cap even when Japan gets things like the Chi Nu II and Chi To. However for now, Japan should be limited to rank 3, their equipment moved down appropriately with anything over being play at your own risk. The US should also have the same for rank 5 until we get things like the super pershing and M20 super bazooka.

There is an overpressure mechanic, and it works on the jumbo. You just have to be incredibly precise.

1 Like

The entire Japanese arsenal is made up of prototypes weapons and home guard tanks lol

1 Like