Japans BR-5 Assault Rifle, "1934 Model 2a" (Type 2a SMG)

Check my thread
Document about the so called Japanese assault rifle - Suggestions - Enlisted

2 Likes

Yes, the rate for fire can be adjusted using a knob found at the rear of the reciever:

More details about the operation of the system can be found on the corresponding Forgotten Weapons website. There is a link on the website to a PDF of an original British report about the firearm that also explains the operation. However, take everything with a grain of salt, as there is a lot of incorrect information spread across the internet about this firearm. Even the name “Type 2” is not correct, as the number in “Type X” designations refers to the last two digits of a year in the Japanese Imperial calendar that said equipment entered service. For example; the Mitsubishi A6M “Zero” entered service in the Japanese Imperial year 2600 (1940), and hence it was designated “Navy Type 0 Carrier Fighter”. A more accurate way to refer to the weapon is “Nambu experimental Model 2 submachine gun” as it was the second firearm developed in the pursuit of a new submachine gun.

Also, here’s an image of a partially disassembled Nambu Model 2 to help visualize the operation of the inner workings:

3 Likes

Is this feature in the game???

Yes, and you can try it out in the editor if you don’t have it unlocked yet.

2 Likes

Im not near my PC rn but i will try this when I get home.

2 Likes

I can speak Japanese, and could you show me more original documents?

The Russian report did not indicate its reference source.