Japans BR-5 Assault Rifle, "1934 Model 2a" (Type 2a SMG)

I mean, the Type 2 (6.5mm) came closer to fruition than the Ho-Ri seeing as it was actually fired. :joy:
FYI that’s just a Type 38 rifle with a Type 96 LMG magazine, not a self-loading firearm. Wouldn’t be needed anyway as we’re getting the Type Hei ULMG. Could be an event or gold order weapon though.

4 Likes

Correct me if im wrong but wasnt the supposed ho ri gun already finished and tested by japan?
These test would certainly require you to shoot that gun.
Only the vehicle itself wasnt ready yet.

It look so close to the type2a smg in the current game but then again sure more gun is good

how do you know we’ew getting the ULMG?

because it literally in the news?
In this new

1 Like

As the previous comment states, it was announced in a dev blog. In which it was referred to as the “Type Hei Automatic rifle”.

2 Likes

oh damn, how did I miss this?

1 Like

with how many topic appear everyday it ok to miss some stuff

anyway I’m looking forward to that double barrel mg tho that thing is probably going to be a beast

1 Like

True. But you never know what the snail has in mind.

It is Type 1, not Type 2

1 Like

6f928258f033f01ef91f7ad8d7928491
20 Round, 6-7 RPS (360-420 RPM)

1 Like

What source is this (I can’t read it)? It would be ideal to find the original documents. I have seen so much conflicting information on this topic that I don’t even want to begin on writing everything that I’ve read. It would be nice to find a resolution finally. As long as we find something in 6.5×30mm to add I’m satisfied.

Wait… is this a thing? ??

1 Like

Check my thread
Document about the so called Japanese assault rifle - Suggestions - Enlisted

2 Likes

Yes, the rate for fire can be adjusted using a knob found at the rear of the reciever:

More details about the operation of the system can be found on the corresponding Forgotten Weapons website. There is a link on the website to a PDF of an original British report about the firearm that also explains the operation. However, take everything with a grain of salt, as there is a lot of incorrect information spread across the internet about this firearm. Even the name “Type 2” is not correct, as the number in “Type X” designations refers to the last two digits of a year in the Japanese Imperial calendar that said equipment entered service. For example; the Mitsubishi A6M “Zero” entered service in the Japanese Imperial year 2600 (1940), and hence it was designated “Navy Type 0 Carrier Fighter”. A more accurate way to refer to the weapon is “Nambu experimental Model 2 submachine gun” as it was the second firearm developed in the pursuit of a new submachine gun.

Also, here’s an image of a partially disassembled Nambu Model 2 to help visualize the operation of the inner workings:

3 Likes

Is this feature in the game???

Yes, and you can try it out in the editor if you don’t have it unlocked yet.

2 Likes

Im not near my PC rn but i will try this when I get home.

2 Likes

I can speak Japanese, and could you show me more original documents?

The Russian report did not indicate its reference source.