Japanese AT Launcher

Should be br3 at max. Since m9 bazooka with similar penetration is at br3.

11 Likes

I’ve heard there were upscaled variants of the Type 5 also, going from firing an 80 mm projectile to a 120 mm projectile. That said, it’s proving difficult to find much information on, so take this with a grain of salt. No idea how much armor penetration it had or if it was even man-portable. I’ve also heard they had a tendency to explode when fired.

1 Like

High BR Japan is just fictional bullshit these days

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately adding experimental weapons is somewhat necessary if we don’t want the faction to stop at BR2.

1 Like

Yeah, the war ended “abruptly” for Japan so there remains a technological gap, it’d be like Germany surrendering in 1943.

1 Like

We just need this. Problem solved. :grinning: :jp:

Source: Japan Small Arms Balancing Discussion Thread - #66 by Killerwolf1024

6 Likes

Damn, that’s awesome! I’ll take 10!

1 Like

Ikr. Hence I question the need for Japan to go to BR V when clearly DF is struggling to fill that.

Why cant Japan just go to BR IV?

Someone replied going on about BR V Americans but my response is why not just let USA, USSR and Germany have BR V, lock them to Europe maps.

Japan being a more compact tree would be good I believe, less intimidating for new players and frankly more realistic given as mentioned Japan didnt have the same technological advancement as other countries.
Like tanks for example Japan kept its 1930s era light tanks for most of the war since thats all one needed in the Pacific.
Also much easier for island landings and moving around than big heavy tanks.

I hope to God DF doesnt add the Tiger tank to Japanese tech tree like in War Thunder because of the one Tiger tank sent from Germany for evaluation by Japan that was lost at sea on the way.

Side note I also find it crazy how players welcome more fairytale prototypes yet refuse to add French tech for example which was actually used (certainly early war) or proper uniforms for Commonwealth countries.

1 Like

Matchmaking is so bad right now that would just end up with BRIV Japan being matched up with BRV US.

1 Like

At the very least they could rename the US to Western Allies, that would take almost no work.

2 Likes

Well thats why BR V should be its own thing, purely BR V where highest rank players can go to spam their heavy tanks and very late war weapons.

1 Like

It wasn’t lost at sea. It never even left europe after being purchased by the IJA.

1 Like

As far as heavy tanks for Japan go, I would rather have a paper tank that is actually Japanese than a attempt at importing a Tiger I.

1 Like

No, I agree

lol both of them have their supporters and opposers, I don’t see the point of comparing these two.

1 Like

I think DF has shown they won’t do shit about the uniforms, so people kinda gave up on that, but are still asking for prototype stuff to complete tech trees

Ah, thank you for correcting me. I thought Id read it was lost at sea but I must have been mistaken. In either case it never got anywhere near the IJA and including it in any game is stupid imo.

1 Like

How could anyone oppose Commonwealth uniforms? Its not hard to do, they already have the assets in game for some cases, and its plain common sense when we have specifically Commonwealth-only weapons in game.

1. What evidence of this is there? Like yes they havent done anything about it yet but have the devs actually specifically indicated they will never fix this?
  2. Thats not against you personally Im not saying what youre saying is not true I just want clarification from the devs themselves.

Oh there’s no evidence of it but I’ve got the impression that they won’t given how neglected uniforms have been

1 Like