Knorr-Bremse Paratrooper Rifle

Production Information
Country of Origin: Nazi Germany
Manufacturer(s): Knorr-Bremse AG
Year(s) Designed: c.1941 - 1942
Technical Specifications
Weapon Type: Automatic rifle
Caliber: 7.92×57 mm Mauser
The Knorr-Bremse automatic rifle was a German prototype that was developed by Knorr-Bremse AG.
History

This rifle was designed around 1941 or 1942, as part of a Luftwaffe commission for a light automatic, rifle-caliber weapon for paratroopers. It was one of a number of designs developed for Fallschirmjäger trials, including entrants from Rheinmetal and Krieghoff. It is not known whether the Knorr-Bremse rifle was finished in time for these trials, and ultimately the Rheinmetall weapon was selected, officially adopted as the FG 42 in 1942.

After World War II, the Knorr-Bremse prototype was obtained in an incomplete state by Allied occupation troops in Germany and was sent to the Springfield Armory in the United States for study. It remains in the Springfield collection today. Few written records of the Knorr-Bremse rifle have been found.
Design

The Knorr-Bremse automatic rifle was a bullpup design, with the magazine port located on the left side of the rear receiver, behind the trigger assembly. The operation employed by this rifle is unknown, as most the internal components were missing upon its discovery. It was likely supposed to be gas-operated. The weapon’s rear sight and buttstock are also missing.
Source: Knorr-Bremse paratrooper rifle | Gun Wiki | Fandom

9 Likes

Another paratrooper squad which will be stuck in high BR great when Germans need a belt fed MG with 100 rounds not more assault rifles.

And I’m looking at you Vickers squad and for some particular reason no one questioned your weird magic

3 Likes

Well I’m glad somebody else also suggested this gun I also suggested this gun in this Some wepons for Axis
Topic however we don’t know how much ammo it could have gotten most likely 20 as FG42 and Krieg also get 20 also it would have a long reload animation becuase the mag is fed from side even though its bullpup your guy has to turn the gun, change the Mag and then bring the gun back up

1 Like

I had a look at your list. Some superb weapons therein. I hope the devs are keeping tabs.

1 Like

I am sure we will get to see it ‘some day.’

1 Like

ugly as fuck :anguished:

1 Like

Don’t be so rude. It is just ‘incomplete.’ That’s it. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I hate using the vickers. It is unrealistic to be seen with paratroopers and i would change it if i could. Sten mk 5 or stem mk 4 would have been much better choice.

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate then because you’re stuck with room cleaning loadouts while we’re stuck with combat loadouts

1 Like