IAR-81C can be shot down by 1 single rifle fire

This is a test made in the editor so you guys could check it by yourselves.

As shown in the picture, the M1917 only requires one shot to ignite the IAR-81C, and two shots can directly destroy it.

In the current game version which it has been moved to BR I, the structural strength of IAR-81C is extremely low. In the original Battle of Stalingrad, according to another test I conducted in the editor, the IAR-81C was able to fly normally even after being hit once by a 50mm shell.

2 Likes

For some practical examples:

By single 20mm round (left wing was shot by small arms).

By single 23mm round.

And by single 12.7mm round.

3 Likes

Not the only aircraft effected, DF should check for bug regarding plane’s HP.

The fact is that the developers purposely underestimated the strength of airplanes - all airplanes in general.
This is one of the reasons why anti-aircraft artillery and hispano guns suddenly began to do a lot of damage to airplanes.

1 Like

Just for comparative reference, another test I did before was, Ground vehicle M2HB, structural damage appears to be lower than infantry small arms - Game discussion / USA and Great Britain - Enlisted.

I’m not sure if MGMC should be included in the category of anti-aircraft artillery. Despite this, the HMGs in the machine gunner squad are still capable of causing devastating effects on low flying aircraft.

I shot down two JU-188 with IL-2 LMGs, light mg fire shouldn’t down a large twin engine boomber, unless you score a lucky hit.

1 Like