HMG rework

The HMG should be able to be used not only to shoot ground targets, but also to shoot aircraft and paratroopers in the sky, but currently the narrow range of motion of the gun makes it impossible to use it that way without careful consideration of the installation location.
I think the HMG should be able to rotate 360 degrees from the tri-pod it is mounted on, shoot all around, and have a wider vertical range of motion.
Kurdish_PKK_Guerilla_(11502895534) (1)
However, the game does not allow this. Perhaps the sandbags that are automatically placed in front of the gun are in the way.
image2_1100_062151bdab8f47560c3bbdff316f3198
Let’s remove these sandbags and give the HMG a wider angle of fire.
The HMGs are placed by the engineers, so if they need sandbags, they can place additional sandbags later.

4 Likes

The AA guns, which specifically designed for anti-aircraft use have extremely low overheating threshold and ultra-low ammunition capacity. so how could DF allow an HMG with unlimited bullet and high overheated threshold to shoot at 360 degrees.

1 Like

I am not talking about AAguns, I am talking about the fact that HMGs should be able to be used for anti-aircraft applications.

1 Like

The logic is clear: HMGs should not be more efficient against aircraft than AA guns, so DF strictly limits their firing range.

And that’s also why AA guns used to be able to target the ground, so DF specifically set a minimum depression angle for them.

1 Like

Is this what DF is saying as such?
It seems to be your wishful thinking. :slightly_smiling_face:

The HMG concept art looks like it is aimed at aircraft.
HMGs should be a threat to aircraft entering at low altitude. And for paratroopers.

3 Likes

If not, why do so many people demand to buff AA, but DF doesn’t agree?

The current ground air defense firepower is already balanced, and increasing the firing range of HMG will cause many balance issues, which is completely unnecessary.

And let me remind you that current HMGs can also be used for anti-air, as long as they are within the firing range, they are far more efficient than AAs, they just cannot rotate flexibly. The shooting range of HMG cannot be increased significantly anymore, because it would be too IMBA.

DF is nothing but hypocrites and they don’t want to hurt the player base they’re trying to steal from War Thunder

You are a bad parrot that perches on our shoulders and spews nonsense.
29300bababfc6f2f3f232f34504067cd

I may spews nonsense but I did not wrong the players from stalingrad or handicapped AA guns just for events

3 Likes

OK, you good parrot.
15273688-オウムの餌

5 Likes

I only want fair gameplay so I can fight against sweat Lords or Chinese players instead of running away because they’re abusing some broken mechanic.

cough cough plain cycling and suicide bombing

2 Likes

He’s the local crazy man, let him be

Yeah, I’ve known about his craziness for a year now. To be precise, he is a hailing parrot posing as a crazy man.
But on the very rare occasion he says something decent.

Yeah every so often he has a good opinion

1 Like