Grenadier Class needs to be Added

Entirely possible but at least they’d do area of denial to the enemy instead of being completely worthless.

2 Likes

Fun fact, WP was, and in some cases still is, the main smoke round for the U.S. Military. Because if you want to mark a target for an air strike, or put up smoke, nobody wants to grab WP or even be near it. It’s also only a mild irritant and you need to inhale a lot to cause damage.

The main problem with WP is if you touch it it doesn’t stop burning but that’s perfectly if you don’t want someone to move your smoke screen.

2 Likes

It’s same issue with explosive pack spam…historically usually engineers carried bigger explosives.

I think they’re too good and too easy to use. Especially the impact grenades. I don’t actually think the rifle grenades are that bad, there’s a lot of downtime on them. My score is uniformly lower running rifle-nadespam than it is with automatic firearms.

On the other hand, the nadespam is indeed gameplay ruining, as it forces all other players to play around it. You can’t sit in cover, you can’t send troops to the objective, you can’t spend time building rallies or ammo boxes - The only thing that works to counter it is constant run and gun. You know you’re gonna die, so you just keep shooting.

I think impact grenades and large grenade pouches should be restricted in some way. As for the rifle grenades… I think I’d be okay with them if they were only on bolt actions and only for troopers. They aren’t nearly as powerful or reliable as the thrown ones.

1 Like

I don’t like adding more stuff to engineers, they are already the best (and probably most played) class. If I had to make a whole team of only 1 troop type they are the only ones that would work (cuz of rally points).

Should check out the topic i created…i talk about alot of the features to make it more accurate historically. Infantry should be allowed only 2 grenades as default which would be more accurate historically and can only add more by pouches, explosive packs only being restricted to engineers and AT infantry class.

This would add uniqueness to the USA Faction with radio men able to change arty shells and mortar men having specific mortars like WP. It still won’t make up for them not fixing US gun sights tho.

1 Like