German paratroopers squad: hot rewiew

• the fg42 GL is a bit better than the normal fg42 it have a nice recoil already withaut perk, and is more controllable in long-range firing in full auto.
  • the first lodout is the assault lodout who give you 3 mg34, who is not bad nor good but additional ammo always come handy expecially because both fg42 and mg34 give you 2s of fun if you keep pressed the fire button.
  • the second lodout is the sniper who give you 1 radio-operator and 2 g43 (scoped) This lodout imo is a very solid choice for make your para squad able to fight in all range
  • the third lodout is the anti-tank one who give you 3 goodlike panzerfaust 60.
  • the Fourth and last lodout is the mortar one who for our happines keep have have enginer.

Personal score 9/10
Compared to the allies event UK paratroopers squad, german one is equipped with solid gun able to stand aganaist everything allies can trow at them, in short this squad gonna make happy a lot of Axis player before and after the merge.

8 Likes

I agree. Mostly even tho the Allies paratrooper LMG has 100 rounds, it has extremely high recoil… unlike the German FG42. Both are strong guns, but i find the German one easier to use.

1 Like

The real question is, can we already play as Normandy Germans or still a bot farm (EU)?

1 Like

Still bot farm, you need wait another day for let most people take the squad

I mean thr American Paratroopers in pacific didn’t fix much, so I don’t know if the German ones can fix anything here.

The squad according to the description is simply magnificent, if the auto fire were primary, it would be a diamond! (because I don’t understand why premium paratroopers have a full automatic fire mode, while other fg 42s don’t :(( )

I got that too.
The event squads are very attractive until you get them, but every time, after you actually get them, you hardly use them.
The German paras have great guns, but paratroopers in general seem to have difficulty with their ability to sustain combat because they cannot be equipped with ammunition pouches, so they are always in reserve in my army.

3 Likes

I was shocked with only 60 rounds for FG 42, that’s not to much.

The other thing which dissapointed me - their customization was taken from default squads, unlike brits one, which has unique hats and uniforms.

Suddenly i can’t add any screenshot due to forum restrictions, but i can assure that other german paratrooper squad has alternative uniforms, it will be cool to have them on this squad as well

But overall, it’s mostly ok

2 Likes

In my opinion - Allied paratroopers are slightly better.

They have Vickers (LMG) + Lanchester in their crate.

While Axis paratroopers have FG 42 but - they do not have acces to any submachine gun (they have only MG 34).

FG 42 in full auto can be used in the assault role, but - the ammo is strictly limited (only 60 rounds), while the Allies have a plenty of ammo.

However - even if they are not as good, they are still very good squad to use :anchor:

1 Like

Event paras got truly weird clothing options in comparison to previous premium ones.

Btw. There are no matching helmets for different camo patterns on premium paras, so on both para customizations sadly sucks.

3 Likes

the german paratroops are rubbish …

1 Like

Thank you for providing screenshots. That what i was talking about. Hope it will be fixed and they get more thematically correct uniform options (like premium paras)

1 Like

Yeah, sorry. I didn’t read your previous message, otherwise I would just quote you and added screenshots.

played 4 games as normandy germans yesterday… 100% WR (quit 1 conquest cause f conquest).

pacific axis was always skewed towards axis (well not so in beginning) and normandy was in last few months pretty even playerbase wise. it only got skewered in normandy allies direction cause of paratrooper squad.

pretty normal if you have grinded fg42.

I agree, Allied paratrooper squad is more suited for the small and confined capture points of Normandy and also that 100 round mag is quit good. Only advantage of Fg42 that it doubles as a ranged weapon and granlancher is a nice addition but if that is noobtube than Vickers should be nobrainmg.
both has pros and cons but I prefer the Allied paratrooper squad over the Axis because of my super aggressive play style.

1 Like

Oof, I don’t know about that.
First try of game in Normandy now and the sweatlords are dripping with Tiger, Conders, Wfr rockets, Stg 44 and Krieghoff FG…