Fix mortar BUG

THIS WOULD SOLVE THE ISSUE.

Mortars are bugged… that’s a good thing.

Less people camping and using them is great news to my ears.

Me when I hear the sound of someone camping and mortaring in the backlines:
tumblr_n78g9cquLS1spm17no1_500

1 Like

Seventh: Have you ever tried to use a Mortar vs an IS-2 that’s camping in the grey-zone?

Eighth: A T-34 is no problem

Why do you have second account? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Lol why should they get that?

They already live in the grey zone. Now you want them to build fortified structures in the grey zone so they can camp more???

The only structure they should be able to build is this:
s-l1200

Dude just shut up and allow ppl to have fun and play like they want.

Lol why though. I’m allowed to express my opinion. I, like a lot of people, don’t like mortars.

Also, nobody I know or have squaded up with ever uses this class or has it in their lineup because as a class their pretty weak and it’s not fun either.

Wait… @VoyoMayPL do you run mortars?

So you don’t like them because of how they work. But they are weak so you consider them not worth using.
I’m confused.

I used them from time to time in battlefield series. In enlisted they are too bad and too boring to waste one of my precious 3 slots.

I used to play BF as well and used that gadget sometimes on my MG soldier least there was somewhat of a minigame there with take a few shots and move before you get counter mortared which made it a bit more fun.

So you basically totally agree with me that they are bad and not worth using :rofl: then why you coming at me for? :joy: friendly fire bro come on!

Also I never said people can’t use them. If the enemy is using them then that’s one less person playing the objective but I will hunt them down and teach them a lesson.

I have 6 to 8 slots I think on most of my campaigns but I would still never use them. Theyre not very useful, not fun, it’s a fast paced game and I’ve got better squads to use.

Because you gave me an impression that you know mortars are weak and you are against buffing them. And they need some kind of a buff/rework because they are bad.

1 Like

I have tested them a few times when unlocking them also sometimes on my para troop in Normandy I’ll pick that so I get the engineer.

However, I can confirm they are very weak except in very niche scenarios like a chokepoint on a specific part of the map near the cap point. That is a good use case but absolutely not worth running them in a lineup. I also felt somewhat scummy and dishonorable when using them.

I remember when mortars were infinite ammo and stronger and that was terrible so no thank you.

To be honest IMO, mortars are one of the weirdest squads in the game to me because theyre not fun to use and not fun to be on the receiving end of so. They don’t fit into the actual play flow of the game and help with objectives that much most of the time… so why are they in the game. Waste of a level IMO. Best solution… remove them from the game.

Anyone asked that though?

3 Likes

you cant say that a dude that is constantly shelling a clearly open objective one explosive after another, cutting the enemy capture and racking dozens of kills as “not playing the objective”…maybe he is not playing the objective the way you would like, but that guy is having the time of his life.

3 Likes

What are you talking about? I don’t.

@guardianreaper0 @GuardianReaper0

Two different accounts

think that forum update has broken the accounts… you usually have safeguard for upper or lower case same names so they are identical for database uses.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s too much to fix.
They’re situationally good and in a fine state IMO.

This is the biggest problem. Agree.
Sometimes I bring in the mortarmen, but not very often since I have 300 squads I would rather pick. And I say this despite having 10 slots in every campaign … A great trade-off for ppl now is the paratroopers, however.

Yes or no.

When I started playing this game I underperformed with mortarmen, to put it mildly.
With map knowledge, it becomes easier.

I like the M2.

Got 50 kills on the last obj in this game.
The next battle on D-day I got 75 kek

I actually prefer these since you can just be totally brain-dead and spam them. With the big mortars you need to move after each shoot since the dispersion is so low.

Very fun and effective against tanks tho. I lost count of how many KV-1s I’ve taken out in Stalingrad.

1 Like

he has bugs when using mortars and posted this in suggestion instead of CBR.

Sooo let get this straight.

• You don’t really use them so you therefore think they are weak/ useless.
  • Even though you think they are weak, you think they shouldn’t get any kind of unique structure that would put them on par with other classes?

Personally, I find them really useful on some of the campaigns. By themselves they are rather difficult to make use of.
HOWEVER, if you coordinate with a teammate they can be fairly useful.

I use them to send either suppression fire, direct strikes, or smoke cover for teammates.

If my idea went through, they would be easier to identify and eliminate whether or not they were in the grey zone, plus would be more effective to the team.

So by that reasoning:
I don’t like flamethrowers or assaulters. So should they completely disregard balance and make those worthless too?

Direct assault on the position isn’t always the best strategy. Support comes into play as well, and if you have a group that works together well, mortars can be as effective as aircraft or MORE (especially if you are using the 80mm mortar).

Personally, I find them rather entertaining to run, again when I’m part of a group, not solo. They definitely should NOT be removed from the game.
A good mortar player can dish out a lot of pain on the enemy, especially when working in tandem with a spotter or two.